Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Specialist - Kansas City's Medicine Cabinet
The OrganizationBaptist-Trinity Lutheran Legacy Foundation was established in May 2003 with the assets from two former foundations, Baptist Medical Center Foundation and Trinity Lutheran Hospital Foundation. BTLLF’s mission is "to provide support in the greater Kansas City area for crisis related medical assistance, neighborhood school health grants and health education programs and services". BTLLF’s flagship program, Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet, works with community service organizations to provide financial assistance for medical needs such as dental care, diabetic supplies, durable medical equipment (including hearing aids), prescriptions and vision care.
Position SummaryThe Program Specialist is knowledgeable about all aspects of Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet and is the primary contact for inquiries from the program’s clients, agencies and vendors. This position processes client vouchers for invoicing and billing. The position works with the Program Director, Executive Director and Controller to maintain databases and documents required by program. The Program Specialist troubleshoots client, agency and vendor issues. The individual in this role must be committed to the goals of the organization and be able to articulate those goals and the missions of the Foundation and its flagship program, Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet.
- Serve as primary customer service contact for KCMC’s clients, partner agencies and vendors
- Verify accuracy of bills and process vouchers for payment
- Maintain electronic and paper records; produce reports as necessary
- Assist Program Director with outreach, problem-solving and follow-up activities
- Maintain and implement program, data management and reporting procedures
- Represent KCMC at meetings, health fairs and events
- Conduct general clerical responsibilities for the program
- Attend staff meetings, other administrative meetings and events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Qualifications & Characteristics
- AA or BA required
- 2-3 years of experience in social services or healthcare required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite required; experience with MAACLink preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with creative problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and task-focused
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Displays good judgment, takes initiative and is eager to learn
- Responsive to direction and feedback; comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Must have own vehicle, valid Kansas or Missouri Driver's License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is fully accessible
- This role uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, copiers, scanners and filing cabinets)
- The position is required to talk, hear, stand and walk, and to handle, feel and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally objects up to 40 pounds
- Occasional evening and weekend work, as well as occasional travel in the Kansas City region
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
Work Schedule and Benefits
- The office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Nine paid holidays, personal time off and extended medical leave
- Salary $31,000 to $34,500, plus competitive benefits package
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999