Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
RN Case Manager, Full time and PRN
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. The RN Case Manager plans, organizes, and directs hospice care provided by the Interdisciplinary Team, with emphasis on community health, education, and experience. The RN Case Manager uses available resources to plan and direct services to meet the needs of patients and families within their homes. EEO.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Manager and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process.
- Completes a comprehensive initial physical and psychosocial assessment (including a history of current and previous illnesses) of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Obtains/receives and initiates physicians’ orders as required.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Revises plan of care according to patient changes in status and needs. Reviews with IDT every 2 weeks. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Communicates with Physicians, and leads Hospice Interdisciplinary Team Members in identifying and meeting the physical and psychosocial needs of patients and family members, and maintaining a safe environment.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings and works in concert with other Hospice Interdisciplinary Team Members to coordinate the care plan and maintain continuity of care.
- Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Completes patient medication records, administers medications, and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Expected work week 45-50 hours, the schedule must be flexible to accommodate information visits and admissions.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. RN licensure (current, unrestricted) in both KS & MO, CPR certification.
- One (1) year minimum hospice care experience, three (3) years preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in-home care.
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills, and computer proficiency are essential.
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance, and a verified safe driving record.
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must be able to lift at least 10 pounds, transfer and reposition patients.
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: may include walking on rough terrain, climbing stairs, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, (PPE) personal protective equipment provided.
Job Type: Full Time