Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The RN/Office Manager is responsible for various management and administrative duties while also utilizing professional nursing theory and the nursing process to implement and coordinate patient care. Day to day management responsibilities will be for Practice Management at Home Room Health.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides direct patient care under the guidance of Clinical Directors and in accordance with established standards.
- Oversees day to day operations in the Home Room Health clinic working collaboratively with all the staff and providers of care.
- Demonstrates assessment and identification of patient health needs.
- Assists with assessing the patient to facilitate care planning and identification of problems.
- Assist patients with scheduling, registering, rescheduling, and canceling appointments.
- Directly supervise front office staff and clinical staff in that setting.
- Responsible for making sure all requests and concerns from staff and patient/clients are handled promptly.
- Implements all office procedures as necessary; Focuses on process improvement as opportunities present.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all data entry.
- Prepare and provides analysis of monthly reports.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) trainer and super user for the department.
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies.
- Collaborates with members of all teams at the Health Center to ensure adequate communication and process changes are effectively implemented.
- Works closely with the Volunteer Manager to develop meaningful job functions for volunteers who are assigned to site.
- Attends departmental and/or leadership meetings as needed.
- Ability to work an occasional Saturday and evenings as requested.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Registered Nurse with BSN preferred
- Two (2) years’ Nursing experience, pediatric experience preferred.
- Current Missouri license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required.
- Proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Ability to relate to a broad and diverse spectrum of the community.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, coworkers and others.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Attends, participates and satisfactorily completes mandatory team trainings and educational programs;
- Adhere to KC CARE Health Center attendance standards;
- Utilizes appropriate chain of command;
- Follows through on assignments to completion;
- Maintains a professional appearance and good hygiene;
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Maintain a positive, helpful attitude to patients/families/visitors, providers and co-workers:
- Seek to establish a working relationship with a positive attitude;
- Facilitates communications that lead to positive outcomes and problem resolution;
- Demonstrates an awareness of and commitment to the common goal of providing excellent patient care;
- Participates in and support team meetings and activities; and
- Serves on Health Center committees to improve patient care environment.
General Employee Responsibilities:
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of the KC CARE Health Center;
- Provide orientation and training to new employees as assigned; and
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, stooping, lifting boxes and files under 25 pounds and lifting.
- Potential exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
- May be required to work extended periods based on business need.
My signature indicates that I understand that the above information is intended to describe the essential functions of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the work. I also understand that the KC CARE Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an “at will” employer and that employment may be ended by either party with or without notice.