Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of People and Culture
Job Title: Director of People and Culture
Employer: Mattie Rhodes Center
Address: 148 N. Topping Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64123
Description: The Mattie Rhodes Center provides a holistic approach to individual and family well-being through social services, mental health counseling and the arts. Our staff provides culturally competent programming in the following four areas:
• Family Services (behavioral health, family violence, substance abuse)
• Youth Services (in-school intervention, youth development, supportive living)
• Community Support (health/ wellness, community engagement, emergency assistance)
• Cultural Arts (arts education, exhibits and collections)
Mattie Rhodes is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and has served the community for over 100 tears.
The primary responsibility of the Director of People & Culture is to collaborate directly with the President/CEO, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Development & Communications to successfully implement the agency’s strategic plan. This position is responsible for cultivating a healthy work environment where everyone can thrive, and where employee retention and talent management are priorities. This position is an exempt position and maintains a flexible schedule within reason.
Implements a relationship-based approach versus a transactional approach within the day-to-day culture of the agency.
- Works with management to ensure the necessary skills to implement desired change management efforts are maintained.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive approach to the employee experience. This includes, however not limited to the following: onboarding, development & retention (including competitive compensation packages, benefits & retirement plans), succession planning and training, work/life balance and potential career growth paths.
- Leads agency efforts to: attract and develop diverse talent; grow employee learning opportunities, awareness, conversation, and competency under the confines and direction of the agency strategic plan.
- Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement. Ensures employees are engaged, recognized, valued, and supported.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Science, or a related field; equivalent experience can be considered as proxy
- Experience interacting with varying levels of agency leadership
- Experience workforce planning, succession planning and career development planning
- Knowledge of federal and state labor law and regulations
- Experience with change management and process improvement techniques
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience leading people strategies and applying people policies, procedures, programs, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999