Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Human Resources manager
The Children’s Place is looking for a talented, motivated person to help move its Human Resources department forward. For over forty years, TCP has been the leader in serving the needs of children and families who have been affected by abuse, neglect, and other traumatic events.
The leader we are looking for will have at least 3 years of HR experience, be knowledgeable about employment and compliance rules and procedures, and ready to learn the requirements of day care licensing, Medicaid, Joint Commission, and other regulations specific to our work.
The successful applicant will be personable and comfortable with other employees and sensitive to their needs in the workplace. This includes helping them navigate benefits, coordinating credentialing, and improving our HR processes as our organization grows.
The hours for this position are Monday to Friday, 8-5. We offer extensive benefits, including vacation and sick leave, as well as short and long term disability, life insurance, a 401k with employer matching, and health insurance. If you are qualified and interested in our mission, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@tcpkc.org.
The Children's Place is an equal opportunity employer.
A more detailed job description is below.
Provide essential operations support to The Children’s Place. Manage day to day Human Resources for staff. Assist in coordinating a transportation services program for child clients attending the Day Treatment Program in a manner that assures a safe environment. Serve as back up support for receptionist and a variety of other administration duties.
- Assist in Human Resources functions, including recruiting and onboarding, tracking and reporting employee data and files, staff credentialing and performance review.
- Assist in benefits and 401K management and enrollment, support staff with information as needed. Provide payroll support.
- Assist with Accounts Payable by performing data entry, coding vendor information on invoices, and mailing invoices/checks.
- Assist in coordinating an exceptional transportation program and coordination between TCP and Apple Bus.
- Commitment to safety, quality and consistency in managing services for clients and employees.
- Continually monitor compliance of human resources procedures; review and recommend revisions to policies and procedures annually, and as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with all agency staff in a timely, effective and professional manner; provide and maintain accurate client address changes, new enrollments, and discharges.
- Understand and follow building and vehicle security procedures and regulatory laws and requirements.
- Demonstrate compliance with all agency policies and procedures and outside regulating agencies.
- Demonstrate responsiveness to the needs of agency clients.
- Interact in a friendly and professional manner with both adult and child clients.
- Communicate directly and effectively with others, demonstrating sensitivity to cultural differences.
Demonstrated track record of accuracy, quality, timeliness, dependability and reliability..
- Interpersonal and communication style that is conducive to executing a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality regarding records, clients and sensitive data.
- Proficient skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with Sage preferred.
- Ability to interact in a friendly and professional manner with both adult and child clients.
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively with others, demonstrating sensitivity to cultural differences.
Bachelor’s Degree. Three to four years of experience in Human Resources.
- Ability to access multiple levels of the agency building.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- When required, be responsible for client physical safety.
- Must understand and follow building security procedures.
- Possible exposure to childhood diseases.
- Exposure to sensitive client subject matter.
- Other normal office environment and conditions.
- Potential of dealing with aggressive/reactive children.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999