Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Senior Human Resource Assistant
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Objective: This position will perform human resource duties to support the effective and efficient operation of the Human Resource Department.
- Manage on-boarding stage for new employees
- Maintain job description bank ensuring all descriptions are current; review and revise as necessary
- Manage HR forms and documents, ensuring all are current and accessible
- Manage the ACA reporting process
- Conduct personnel file audits
- Ensure employee education, credential and training information in the personnel files is current and accurate
- Assist with implementation of recruitment strategies
- Assist with implementation of on-boarding process
- Assist with implementation of retention strategies
- Assist with implementation of workforce development strategies
- Coordinate the annual employee review process
- Prepare and submit EEO Reports
- Prepare monthly background check statement for Accounts Payable
- Respond to unemployment benefits information requests
- Respond to verification of employment requests
- Ensure current labor law posters are displayed at all relevant locations
- Manage the annual Metro United Way workplace campaign
- Maintain employee COVID-19 information including incidents, vaccinations, and daily screening
- Coordinate management of the Bloodborne Pathogen program with Social Services Department designee
- Assist with hiring process as needed
- Serve as backup for HR Generalist
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education preferred
Experience: Three years’ administrative office experience including project coordination; human resource experience preferred
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all stakeholders
- Interact with others with courtesy and tact
- Communicate professionally in writing and verbally
- Respond to stressful situations in a calm and effective manner
- Discerning and able to make sound decisions based on a variety of information and input
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
- Complete projects on schedule
- Receive and respond to direction and instruction
- Maintain confidentiality
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; HRIS system skills preferred
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance
- Operate basic office equipment including telephone, personal computer, copier, fax machine, and scanning equipment
Physical Requirements: Include vision, hearing, speaking; manual dexterity; walking, standing; sitting for extended periods of time; pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel: Occasional travel throughout the division
Driving: Must possess a valid driver's license from the state of residence. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical office environment.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999