Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Application Programmer, Information Systems
KU Endowment, Lawrence, Kansas, is accepting applications for a full-time professional staff position responsible for supporting major application and data access needs across KU Endowment. The individual will be responsible for generating requested database reports, develop end-user reports, application support and enhancement; this involves SQL and web programming in accordance with established business rules, policies, and procedures.
The Information Systems department, data management services, is a team of programmers that share responsibility for and work with all KU Endowment data and major applications. The goal of this department is to protect, provide for and enhance data access for internal and external customers.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
*Note: This position will be filled at the Data Request Coordinator, Application Programmer or Application Programmer II level, commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes, tests, and documents new programs and command procedures to meet specifications provided by senior technical staff and users. Maintains existing programs as enhancements and changes become necessary; documenting all changes.
- Uses specified programming languages to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance.
- Interacts with KU Endowment personnel, and others as directed by KU Endowment, to define programming needs. Assists with user instruction as appropriate.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted.
- Assists in analyzing data processing functions, methods and procedures, and makes recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing programs or adapting new applications to data processing operations.
- Produces program and procedural documentation as required.
- Assists with application upgrades and customization
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in computer programming or report development required.
- Previous experience using database inquiry and report writer software desirable.
- Extensive experience using spreadsheet software required.
- Strong communication skills and customer service attitude necessary.
- Knowledge of SQL computer query language is preferred.
- Experience with database report development software is desirable.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL Server/T-SQL, XML, VBA, C# a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including: 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program; pension plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; Section 125 flexible benefits; paid holidays, personal and sick leave; paid Parental Leave; Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance; KU tuition reimbursement; and free parking.
- Please go to www.kuendowment.org/careers to apply, and attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
- Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time