Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
KU Endowment, Lawrence, Kansas is accepting applications for a full-time position supporting the Information Systems department for KU Endowment and is an expert in data acquisition, statistical analysis, data review and visualization which supports the mission of the organization. Using strong technical skills in organizing and distilling data, the position will pull together and interpret varied data sources to create a seamless story providing clear actionable insights for better decision-making. This position participates in endowment development deliverables, marketing and research initiatives which support the fund-raising campaigns of KU Endowment. The data analyst also contributes as a technical resource, helping establish data governance and best practice for maintaining databases and associated services.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- The data analyst will partner with endowment development and information systems staff to increase business intelligence and perform full lifecycle analysis.
- Works closely with business and IS stakeholders to understand goals, identify relevant data sources and shares findings in presentable formats.
- Gathering data and conducting analyses in support of KU Endowment functions, including, but not limited to, fund raising, campaigns, prospecting, competitive compensation analyses (retrospective, current, and prospective analyses for executives and board directors), competitive performance analyses, equity dilution and overhang analyses, and pay-for-performance assessments
- Supporting marketing and business development through research on campaigns and prospects, mining data for thought leadership, and tracking and communicating market trends to internal staff.
- Developing tools, templates, and analytical models for the KU Endowment Association as needed to support consistency and quality across the organization.
- Creates and runs data queries which support fundraising, prospecting and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain best practices for data quality, data hygiene and pattern analysis.
- Provides process improvements and updates to marketing and donor files to improve data quality and completeness.
- Mature reporting capabilities.
- Statistically interpret data and turn it into useful information the organization can use to improve fund raising.
- Provides trends and patterns in complex data
- Establish data driven KPIs, Objectives and key results.
- BS in Computer Science, Data Analytics or Business Analytics.
- 2-5 years’ experience in data analytics role
- Strong statistical/mathematical and skills in order to collect, organize and measure data.
- Technical proficiency in database design, development, data modeling and segmentation
- Experience in reporting packages such as Business Objects or similar
- Knowledge of programming languages, SQL or Python
- Proficient in data visualization. Using software such as Tableau or equivalent.
- Knowledge of how to create and apply accurate algorithms to datasets and achieve solutions.
What Separates the Best from the Rest?
- Experience in data analysis for a sales organization
- Team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven experience building a data analytics practice
- Creative problem solving
At KU Endowment, we recognize that we best achieve our mission of building a greater University of Kansas by embracing diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to cultivating a people-centered environment that is welcoming to the spectrum of differences among us in an atmosphere of respect and fairness. Accordingly, our staff, Board of Trustees, volunteers and donors will work together to create a more representative, equitable and inclusive KU Endowment.
Salary and Benefits:
KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including: 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program; pension plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; Section 125 flexible benefits; paid holidays, personal and sick leave; paid Parental Leave; Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance; KU tuition reimbursement; and free parking.
Please go to www.kuendowment.org/careers to apply, and attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time