Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Technology
OMNI is honored to be retained by Jewish Family Services in their search for a Director of Technology. Jewish Family Services (JFS) supports and strengthens lives throughout Greater Kansas City. They provide essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis — regardless of faith, age, culture or lifestyle.
Reporting to a highly respected Executive Director & CEO, the Director of Technology will be a strategic yet hands on technology leader responsible for all day-to-day technology initiatives. This individual will be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices on all technology solutions.
- Provide strategic and technical support regarding overall technical architecture and interoperability, network services, enterprise services including client, donor, financial and volunteer database systems, desktop applications, project management and technology support services.
- Facilitate collaboration between IT and stakeholders to ensure the information systems are fully aligned with and truly enable our organizational goals.
- Identify, consolidate and integrate new technologies.
- Develop and implement appropriate IT governance processes to ensure effective use of resources, integrity in data and processes.
- Create and maintain the annual operating budgets for IT operations consistent with organization strategies, IT modernization roadmaps, and established financial guidelines.
- Manage, oversee and assure the ongoing assessment of constituent security, data protection and identity management in accordance with industry best practices.
- Responsible for the data privacy, data management, and cybersecurity.
- An undergraduate degree is required, with an advanced degree preferred in Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field with evidence of substantial relevant knowledge.
- Demonstrated success in the development, installation, and maintenance of information systems within small to mid-sized businesses.
- Proven experience acting as a business partner to bring technology solutions and integration to an organization’s business.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Technical knowledge in current network administration and design, cloud computing, and information systems security concepts.
- Substantial exposure to data governance, hardware platforms, enterprise applications and outsourced systems, especially some experience in a Microsoft environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, relational and communication skills with a history of successful collaboration across functions. Some experience with mission-driven organizations a plus.
- Ability to consistently exemplify agency guiding principles, upholding and reflecting organization mission and values. This position is highly collaborative and commitment to the principle of “stronger together” is required.
- Ability to successfully manage this position working off-site due to Covid 19 restrictions.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time