Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Information Technology Director
Legal Aid of Western Missouri is seeking an Information Technology Director. This position is responsible for the implementation and support of Information Technology platform for Legal Aid of Western Missouri. This person will develop and implement a plan for the operations of the infrastructure, systems and cloud services necessary to support the needs of the law firm. This person requires knowledge and understanding of Information Technology best practices. This person directs the team that supports the systems and infrastructure and cloud services of the firm.
Legal Aid of Western Missouri offers a professional and friendly work environment with integrity as our guiding principle. We are an equal opportunity employer with recruitment efforts focused on ensuring a diverse workforce. Legal Aid provides free civil legal services for those who need it the most and who can afford it the least. We cover a 40-county region with six offices in Kansas City, Joplin, Warrensburg, and St. Joseph.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides strategic and operational management and develops and implements the goals for IT and participates as a member of the larger LAWMO leadership team.
- Ensure that all information technology related systems and services are highly reliable, available and secure and are managed and supported in accordance with the firm’s system management guidelines.
- Act as primary incident manager for IT issues including communications and root cause analysis.
- Take a lead role in emergency preparedness to support the firm’s ability to respond to unexpected circumstances. Oversee development and maintenance of system disaster recovery plans using appropriate levels of internal and external technical support.
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s legal practice and determine ways in which technology can be used to support client needs.
- Manage the firm’s information systems and infrastructure staff, and external service providers and suppliers to ensure their integrity, responsiveness and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage the IT Change Management Processes of the firm.
- Develop and manage automation capabilities to lower costs and increase efficiencies.
- Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, and purchasing.
- Prepare an annual budget based on stated objectives for the IT Operations department.
- Supervises recruitment, development, retention and organization of IT operational staff in accordance with budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Keeps current with trends in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advises, counsels, and educates leadership on their competitive and financial impact.
- Assesses the technical and professional training needs of the IT Operations organization and builds appropriate plans.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- Experience leading company-wide initiatives within a multi-office setting, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Technical architectural background and experience.
- Project Management skills.
- A good sense of humor.
Salary contingent on experience.
Benefits: Medical & dental, life, vision, long & short-term disability insurances; 401K/match and retirement plans; paid vacation, sick & holidays; flexible spending account, parking and travel reimbursement; paid professional development; and a qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Please visit http://www.lawmo.org/careers/current-openings to submit your application, resume, and cover letter.
LAWMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact the Human Resources Department at HR@lawmo.org.
Job Type: Full Time