Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Technology Integration Specialist
November 11, 2022
The Technology Integration Specialist leads the Academic Technology Team in support of the school’s technology education program for students, faculty and staff. This is a full-time year-round exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Faculty Professional Development for PS - 12:
- Oversees Academic Technology Team
- Provides leadership to Division Technology Coaches
- Plans quarterly technology Monday meetings
- Develops plans for technology in-service sessions
- Manages the online Faculty PD courses
- Meets with faculty individually and in groups on a regular basis
- Evaluates effective use of technology in classroom
- Brainstorms, provides ideas and implements plans for technology integration
- Researches latest uses of classroom technology
- Provides professional development for new faculty on essential Barstow software
2) Faculty/IT Services and Liaison:
- Help Desk and AV support
- Facilitates communication with IT Services for faculty projects
- Facilitates communication with teachers during IT Services deployments and updates
3) Student technology teaching and support:
- New student technology training during summer and first week of school
- Student technology sessions including social media and digital citizenship
- 1:1 student training and support
4) Summer support for Barstow Global Online (BGO) and the Dan and Cassidy Towriss IDEA Space:
- Manage Help Desk and AV at IDEA Space
- Work with BGO staff providing software and licensing support
- Software license management including inquiries, quotes, licensing, and set up
- App evaluation and management in lower and middle school
- Support and encourage new technology research
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education or Educational Technology
Experience: Entry level position, but previous experience as a Technology Integration Specialist or Technology Coach a plus
Necessary Skills: Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with faculty and students
Well organized, detail oriented
Ability to research and share creative uses of technology in the classroom
Some evenings and weekends required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a Barstow Employment Application to Scott Daniel, at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE BARSTOW SCHOOL
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.
About the Dan and Cassidy Towriss IDEA Space KC
Powered by The Barstow School, The Dan and Cassidy Towriss IDEA Space is an innovative learning center where students and educators explore science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) through hands-on experiences. For more information: www.ideaspacekc.org.
About Barstow Global Online
Barstow Global Online meets the growing demand for a non-traditional education and adds the proven value of a degree from The Barstow School. BGO is an accredited online schools for students in kindergarten through grade 12.
Job Type: Full Time