Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
2021 Kauffman Foundation Internships
The Kauffman Foundation internship program will engage a diverse group of 10–15 college students (undergraduate and graduate level) in a paid summer internship experience with three components: meaningful project work, civic engagement, and professional development.
We seek college students who are intellectually curious and passionate about our mission. Specifically, we seek interns who want to partner with us to eliminate barriers so that every person – regardless of their background – can be prepared for success in their jobs and careers, as employees or entrepreneurs.
We know that diverse teams are high-performing teams; therefore, we seek college students with different perspectives and life experiences.
- Available for full-time, paid work June 7-July 30. In 2020, our internship program was virtual. As of late 2020, Kauffman associates are still largely working remotely. As such, we are planning for a virtual internship experience for 2021, but will design the program to shift to hybrid and/or in-person, should the Foundation deem either of these options feasible. Since we are currently planning for virtual work, any intern accepted to the program this year would have the option to work virtually, even in the event that we are able to welcome interns to the office in person.
- Currently enrolled in college courses, undergraduate or graduate level. If the candidate has graduated (or is graduating at the end of spring term 2021) and is not planning to take any more courses, they are not eligible as they will no longer be a student.
- Committed to completing substantive projects in the areas of Entrepreneurship, Education, and Kansas City Civic.
- Committed to professional development, network development, and civic engagement experiences offered through the Kauffman internship program.
How to apply in two simple steps:
Step 1: Click on the position you’re interested in below and follow the instructions to apply.
Step 2: Provide a 1-minute video (saved as lastname_firstname) that answers the following three questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you care about?
- Why are you interested in an internship at the Kauffman Foundation?
Only those applicants who complete all information will be considered (you will not be judged on the quality of your video). Deadline to apply is January 29, 2021.
Job Type: Full Time