Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Fund Development Intern
This position will assist the Executive Director and staff of the UNI with a wide range of activities associated with the fund raising and development function of the organization. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student or recent graduate of a nonprofit or public administration degree program to gain “on the ground” experience with a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to making a difference in the heart of the Kansas City urban community. This intern will work under general supervision of the Executive Director but must have the capacity to perform with a moderately-high degree of independence. Among the primary types of work this intern will perform to support UNI’s fund development are:
- Develop and maintain fundraising records, including ongoing tracking and reporting on the status of requests for funding and grants (UNI uses Donor Perfect)
- Maintain and update UNI’s fund development database, including processes needed for preparation of acknowledgements, thank you letters, and information for UNI’s annual report
- Draft and track donor communications, including acknowledgements for gifts and grants and associated correspondence
- Support for all facets of the grant writing process, including
- Conduct prospect research to identify funding and grant opportunities from corporations, businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and other organizations that have the potential to support the work of UNI
- Outline and draft basic grant proposals that are responsive to the needs and interests of philanthropists and funders, both private and governmental
- Work in coordination with UNI’s Communication firm to support marketing, outreach, and communications activities to increase the recognition and understanding of the mission and work of UNI, and upcoming and current programs and activities including:
- Development and dissemination of content for UNI’s website and social media
- Support for day-to-day messaging, based on policies and procedures, as UNI programs and initiatives are developed
- Support and assist in effective use of all aspects of UNI’s website and social media accounts
- Develop fundraising and development marketing and communication resources and collateral materials to support the UNI’s Board of Directors and executive staff as they expand their outreach and development efforts
- Other administrative and program support activities as necessary to help UNI maintain and enhance the effectiveness of their fundraising and development initiatives
This internship is a 20-hour per week position, and will run for the period of September 15, 2020, through May 31, 2021, for which the intern will receive a stipend of $4800 per semester. The intern will be an employee of the Urban Neighborhood Initiative. If the intern is a student who chooses to use this experience for academic credit, UNI will work with the intern and their home institution to provide the documentation needed to earn this credit. However, any such arrangements must necessarily be an agreement between the intern and their home institution, and it is the responsibility of the intern and their home institution to determine whether this experience will meet any requirements associated with their educational program.
Job Type: Part Time,Temporary