Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Fundraising, Sales, and Events Intern
Seasonal Part-Time Position
Potential is everywhere. We don’t have to create it, we just have to defend it. Big Brothers Big Sisters exists to empower positive change in our community through matching Littles with Bigs to create powerful, meaningful, and life-changing friendships.
The Fundraising, Sales, and Events Internship is a paid position at $11 hour working 10-15 hours as needed. Reporting to the Bowl for Kids’ Sake Coordinator Fundraising, Sales, and Event Interns will gain hands on experience and receive coaching.
This position is instrumental in supporting our largest annual fundraiser, Summer Bowl for Kids’ Sake. This position will primarily be tasked with aiding our special events team from April-July in recruiting and mentoring event participants through email and phone recruitment and in-person company presentations. In this role, you will also provide customer service to each event participant, helping to support their fundraising efforts. This position will also play an important role at the event during the month of July, assisting with pre-event, on-site and post-event leadership, providing excellent customer service, as well as being responsible for all data entry management for over 500 teams and 3,000 participants.
• Work with our Fundraising team to help achieve our Bowl for Kids’ Sake goal.
• Assist with all customer service tasks related to Bowl for Kids’ Sake including: sales/recruitment strategies to increase event participation, participant mentoring to increase fundraising success, participant correspondence and other tasks as assigned.
• Lead event set up and breakdown, participant check-in, record keeping, and other tasks as assigned at every event session during the month of July. (Dates are likely to be July 9th-July 31st but are subject to change).
• Office work includes but is not limited to: placing and answering phone calls, drafting and sending emails, assisting with mailings, computer data entry and assistance with event gifts and records.
• Assist with planning and execution of Bowl for Kids’ Sake Super Team Party, an appreciation event for top performing Bowl for Kids’ Sake teams.
• Assist as needed with additional special events throughout the summer including our Legacy Golf Tournaments, RISE- A Rooftop Crawl and third-party events.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Comfortable speaking and presenting in front of groups of all sizes.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and creative thinking skills with attention to detail.
• Comfortable assisting in a sales/fundraising role and building relationships with supporters, board members and staff.
• Basic office and computer skills are required including: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Works effectively in a team-based environment motivated by achieving a common goal.
• A positive attitude with a willingness to learn and work hard is required.
• Passion for the non-profit industry and fundraising is a plus.
• Previous experience in sales, customer service and/or fundraising is required.
• Requires access to transportation to travel to and from different locations.
• Willing to work days, some nights and weekends.
• MUST be available to work during EVERY Bowl for Kids’ Sake party session from July 9th-July 31st (unless otherwise approved by manager) (schedule listed below).
The Fundraising, Sales, and Events Assistant will work primarily during regular business hours at the BBBSKC office with occasional weeknight hours from May-June. The Events Assistant will attend every Summer Bowl for Kids’ Sake session taking place during the month of July to aid in managing the event, providing customer service to participants and executing all data entry. To see session dates from last year’s event, please visit: www.summerbowl.org.
Please email your resume and a cover letter (to include what would make you a phenomenal candidate) to: Kimberly Rudler at email@example.com
Email applications are preferred; if that is not an option you may mail your application to: BBBSKC, Attn: Kimberly Rudler, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted until the position is filled.
BBBSKC values diversity and inclusion and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tuesday, July 7: 6:00-7:30
Wednesday, July 8: 6:00-7:30
Thursday, July 9: 6:00-7:30
Friday, July 10: 6:00-7:30 & 8:00-9:30
Monday, July 13: 6:00-7:30
Tuesday, July 14: 6:00-7:30
Wednesday, July 15: 6:00-7:30
Thursday, July 16: 4:00-5:30 & 6:00-7:30 & 8:00-9:30
Friday, July 17: 4:00-5:30 & 6:00-7:30 & 8:00-9:30
Saturday, July 19: 10:00am-12:00pm (BRUNCH)
Monday, July 20: 6:00-7:30
Tuesday, July 21: 6:00-7:30
Wednesday, July 22: 6:00-7:30
Thursday, July 23: 6:00-7:30
Friday, July 24: 6:00-7:30
To be added due to overwhelming response:
Wednesday, July 29: 4:00-5:30
Thursday, July 30: 6:00-7:30
Friday, July 31: 6:00-7:30
Job Type: Temporary