Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Internship Program Development VISTA
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by developing a vibrant internship program. Conduct research into what makes an internship program strong and provide leadership in launching a robust program. Catholic Charities is an EEO employer.
Applicants must be part of the VISTA program – for more details see http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
Benefits are provided through VISTA, and may include a stipend, relocation allowance, health coverage, Choice of Education Award or an End of Service stipend. For details about the AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
- Research existing internship programs to identify best practices
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Volunteer Department to develop program framework
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a viable internship program
- Develop agency guidelines for supervision, environment and duties
- Create system for intern recruitment and build relationships with community partners
- Develop and revise internship policies, procedures and promotional materials
- Plan and conduct internship workshops and informational programs
- Produce quality reports that can be used on social media, traditional media, as well as complied for federal reporting requirements which demonstrate the anti-poverty and capacity building work being accomplished during your service term
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must have excellent verbal and written English and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be part of the VISTA program – for more details see http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Must be available for the one-year commitment period
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time