Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Marketing and Communications Internship
The Arts Council of Johnson County seeks a Marketing and Social Media for the summer 2019. The intern will gain hands on experience in donor and constituent relations, fundraising, special events, and social media campaigns. $1,000 stipend offered.
Marketing and Social Media Internship
- $1,000 stipend
- 10-15 hrs a week, June – August (dates flexible)
- 9-10 week commitment
Reports to Executive Director
- Write news releases
- Assist with ACJC promotion
- Plan and create content for Arts Council of Johnson County website, social media, blog, e-newsletter and email campaigns
- Join ACJC staff and Board members in representing Arts Council of Johnson County at meetings and community functions
- Special events assistance
- Junior/senior college student or recent undergraduate majoring in marketing, communications or related field
- Passionate about the arts or the nonprofit community
- Dedicated, resourceful, well-organized self-starter
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- General knowledge of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects/deadlines
Deadline to apply: May 15th
To apply, submit:
- Cover letter
- 3 marketing and communications writing samples
- Include Internship Application in email subject line
To: email@example.com, no phone calls please.
About the Arts Council of Johnson County: The Arts Council of Johnson County is a private nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life in the community by strengthening the arts. Much of our work is focused in arts advocacy but the organization also serves as an intermediary, connecting the arts sector to resources, residents to arts opportunities and elected officials to the latest arts research. Our key programs include the Shooting Stars Scholarship program for high school performing, visual and literary artists, smART Exchange round-table discussions and Arts JoCo - a peer-led professional development opportunity for arts/cultural organizations.