Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Girls on the Run Serving Greater Kansas City (GOTRKC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring girls to live healthy, joyful and confident lives. GOTRKC provides transformational, physical activity-based, youth development programs for girls in 3rd-8th grade. Girls participate in an 8-10 week afterschool program where physical activity is woven into a curriculum to teach girls 20+ healthy life skills. GOTRKC serves 4,200 girls per year in the Kansas City metro area.
GOTRKC is currently seeking a Marketing Intern to join its energetic and collaborative team. This is a part-time, unpaid remote position. If you want to grow as a leader, develop your professional talents and open doors to a career in nonprofit, we want to hear from you!
Internship duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Management of organization’s Twitter account
· Assistance with all social media platforms including but not limited to Tik Tok and Instagram Reels
· Proofreading copy for organizations website, printed collateral, and email marketing
· Serving on the Girls on the Run marketing committee
· Research on emerging marketing platforms
· Research on new messaging and content strategy
· Assistance with gathering content at Girls on the Run practices and events
· Experience using all social media platforms for a brand or organization
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Ability to balance multiple priorities
· Excellent organizational skills with proven attention to detail
· Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, or Premiere Pro)
· Photography and/or videography
Internship Period: Based on applicants availability
Unpaid Internship, Eligible for class credit
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, résumé and a list of three references to Sarah Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be considered.
GOTRKC is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse community.
Job Type: Temporary