Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Coordinator of Military Matters
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
KCMBF is looking for a professional, engaging, detail-oriented team player and communicator. The ideal candidate can multi-task projects and deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy. This position is responsible for coordinating many elements, including events, fundraisers, and meetings, and maintaining positive relationships with key partners. In addition, the Coordinator provides administrative support to the Military Matters Operating Committee, a subcommittee of the Foundation Board of Directors. Additional functions include program development, event planning and fundraising; marketing, grant applications and reports; website updates and social media engagement. While not required, experience in the legal field or the United States military is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with fundraising, grant writing and reporting, project management, event planning, or volunteer management.
- Proficient using all IT platforms, including the latest versions of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent professional communication skills, including writing, proof-reading, and speaking.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to prepare strategies and execute details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Exceptional customer-service ethic and high expectations for quality.
The annual salary for this position starts at $30,000. Hiring is subject to a successful background and credit check.
Job Type (optional):