Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Community Resources Coordinator - Blue Ridge Branch or Grandview Branch
Community Resources Coordinator -Blue Ridge Branch
This position will be open until filled.
The Community Resources Coordinator will pilot an initiative to identify strategies and best practices for serving at-risk and marginalized groups. This will be accomplished by utilizing library resources, navigating community resources, and providing social service referrals. Individuals in this position will enjoy building relationships with people and thrive in an ever-changing environment. They are passionate about providing exceptional service to all customers, which gives them a sense of community contribution.
- $16.95 per hour plus benefits
- This is a full-time, overtime non-exempt position
- All scheduling is based on the needs of the branch and is subject to change
Reports to: Branch Management
- Models excellent customer service attitude and delivery, which supports a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Provides a proactive level of customer service and assists customers through various aspects of utilizing the library
- Supports, promotes, implements, and makes decisions based on established Library policies, guidelines, and programs
- Establishes and maintains supportive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Knowledge and support of the principles of intellectual freedom including the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read statement
- Exhibits self-motivation in managing changing priorities
- Exhibits characteristics of life-long learner in willingness to investigate new ideas
Essential Job Functions:
Community Resource Functions:
- Becomes familiar with local and city agencies’ missions and services in order to connect customers with appropriate community resources
- Attends local community meetings to provide awareness of the library’s efforts to address customer needs, and to make community contacts
- Reviews branch demographics and documentation to guide branch activities
- Develops or utilizes existing resource guides to local, state and federal agencies that assist at-risk and marginalized groups
- Meets with customers in order to assess needs and refers to resources and services that provide support
- Maintains records of assisted customers and solicits customer feedback
- Conduct programming for customers to connect them to community resources or services
- Demonstrates compassion to at-risk and marginalized groups
- Supports staff in navigating community resources and best practices for serving at-risk or marginalized groups
- Helps customers locate avenues to build skills and knowledge for success through information, digital literacy, and referrals to library services
- Conducts an on-going review of efforts and reports findings to management
- Consults with Safety and Security Manager as needed
Branch customer service:
- Acts as a guide for customers in use of the library and its resources
- Learns, embraces and demonstrates technology
- Recommends materials to customers based on interests, needs, and availability
- Assists customers with library card accounts, including the receiving and recording of payment
- Processes library materials for customer access
- Ensures that library and its grounds are clean and orderly and performs basic custodial duties, as needed
- Uses creative techniques in displays to reach browsers who do not approach staff
- Opens and closes branch library
- Attends meetings and trainings off-site where transportation to another location in the service area will be expected
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Assists with branch special programs or events
- Shelves books and ensures accurate material placement
- Able to perform duties requiring the exercise of professional skill, initiative and independent judgment
- Able to exercise strict confidentiality
- Able to exhibit self-motivation with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities based on input from management.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Able to use effective verbal, written, and discreet communication with management, coworkers, and the public
- Able to demonstrates intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Able to understand and follows oral and written instructions
Experience and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree with coursework in social work, public health, or related subjects required
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in social work, public health, or related subject preferred
- 2 years or more experience in social work, mental health services or non-profit agency preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Essential Physical Abilities to be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation are:
- Clarity of speech and hearing which permits the employee to communicate effectively with the supervisor and other employees.
- Vision which permits the employee to produce and review a wide variety of library materials, written correspondence, reports and related materials in both electronic and hard copy form.
- Manual dexterity which permits the employee to operate a keyboard and any other assigned equipment to process library materials.
- Personal mobility which permits the employee to monitor, supervise, and perform assigned library operations, and to attend Library district, community, and public meetings at various locations.
- Lift up to 40 pounds, push and pull carts weighing up to 200 pounds, bend, stoop and reach shelving from floor level to 6 feet high, and stand or walk for at least 1 hour at a time.
- Tolerance for dust and mold which permits the employee to work with books and other library materials as well as work in older buildings.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999