Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Health and Wellness Specialist
- Reports to Community Reference Manager
- Starting Salary $44,810 plus excellent benefits
- Position open until filled
- Function as Library’s expert in health and wellness resources and initiatives
- Seek out, form, and maintain relationships with relevant community organizations and participate in community meetings, tabling events, fairs and other events relating to economic mobility
- Teach staff and patrons about health and wellness resources and programs
- Plan and implement programming for the Library system
- Curate and maintain relevant content for Library web pages and social media
- Ability to create and implement effective informational presentations to groups and individuals
- Ability to create effective learning and educational materials
- Ability to deal in an effective and courteous manner with both adults and children on a daily basis. Must exhibit patience and cultural sensitivity, and establish boundaries and mutual respect with patrons
- Ability to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships with Library staff, professionals in other organizations, community groups and community members
- Ability to represent the library professionally
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of professional library work, particularly reference services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize personal work routines and responsibilities.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Bilingual proficiency preferred
- Experience working in or knowledge of the healthcare community preferred
Master’s in Library & Information Science, Public Health, or related field and professional library experience with emphasis on reference services. Experience may substitute for education.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position through our web application system. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.