Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Mobile Services Manager
Mobile Services Manager
Note that this is a reposting of this opening. If you applied for it previously, you are still under consideration and there is no need to reapply.
- Reports to Director of Library Outreach and Community Engagement
- 40 hours/week
- Salary: $56,947 plus excellent benefits
- Position is open until filled.
- Spearhead the development of Mobile Library Services (comprised of Senior Services, Home Bound Books, Books to Go, and community outreach) to bring library materials and services to the community. working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Build a dynamic Mobile Library Services Team: hiring, coaching, training, and onboarding of staff; modeling and establishing an expectation of high-quality customer service; creating departmental procedures and tools; and facilitating interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Participate in Mobile Library Service delivery, including driving of mobile vehicles
- Serve as an embedded librarian at events relevant to community outreach and mobile services; promotes Library services
- Strive to maintain the Library as a welcoming environment by exemplifying cultural sensitivity and trauma-informed responses
- Keeping abreast of research for current trends and best practices in Library outreach services
- Professionally addresses patron and circulation questions and concerns
- Responsible for managing and evaluating the services on an on-going basis
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to provide outstanding service to a wide range of customers
- Demonstrated ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and the public
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of library operations, services, and policies
- Intermediate computer skills
- Project management, supervisory, and Library experience
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- The ability to adapt in a flexible environment which changes quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work effectively with minimum supervision; following oral and written communication
- Must have a current driver’s license
- Minimum requirements include a Master’s in Library & Information Science, or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
Please apply for this position through our web application system at https://www.kclibrary.org/jobs. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999