Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids who want to realize their full potential. Big Brothers Big Sisters professionally creates and supports these Matches. Over 1,300 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National BBBS Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non Profit and the Non Profit Times Best Non Profit to Work For in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
The Brand Ambassador position is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Community Outreach. This individual will create and generate new contacts for all agency departments by sharing, representing and promoting the BBBS brand and mission. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service through living the mission of BBBSKC with every interaction and will work closely with multiple departments to achieve maximum representation. The Brand Ambassador requires flexibility, adaptation, and excellent networking and listening skills in a fast-paced environment that is focused on growth, relationships and inclusion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and generating new contacts for a variety of departments: fundraising, volunteer/child recruitment, marketing, etc. to assist with driving and attaining departmental and agency goals
- Represent and promote the organization at a variety of events throughout the Greater Kansas City area to obtain new leads and contacts
- Promote and assist with diversity and inclusion efforts for the organization
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers
- Work closely with all departments to ensure the agency is consistently represented by engaging in the following: attending community and organizational meetings and fairs, lead corporate lunch and learns, set up a BBBSKC booth to interact with the public, take 1-1 meetings with individuals who want to learn more about the organization, etc.
- Network, build rapport and positive relationships with all external and internal customers and partners to recruit and retain contacts and grow partnership opportunities including: local businesses, association memberships, corporate partner and agency events, chambers, diversity focused affinity groups, etc.
- Cultivate relationships to educate prospective contacts about the variety of ways they can support BBBSKC including: becoming a Big, corporate sponsor, donor, special event participant, host a Match Activity, place a Savers bin on their property, join a board group, volunteer at an event, become a community partner, assist with grants/foundations, etc.
- Responsible for keeping up on trends that affect our community, including diversity, equity and inclusion, fundraising, and child/volunteer recruitment
- Organize and conduct 1-on-1 and group volunteer program introductions, lunch and learns, info sessions and orientations as needed
- Maintain a positive image of the brand at all times
- Seek out opportunities to connect with groups, individuals and corporations to connect them to the right way to support BBBSKC
- Process all new leads by providing contact information and detailed notes to the Administrative Assistant or designee for follow up
- Flexible to work nights and weekends as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service, sales or marketing experience
- Experience in nonprofit preferred
- Prior experience working in a sales, marketing or recruiting role strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field preferred
- Excellent public speaking ability required
- Experience working with diversity and inclusion initiatives preferred
- Experience in marketing and networking preferred
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills are a must
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment where the average tenure for staff is nine years. Management believes in helping our staff members learn and grow, offering professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
32,500 – 35,000 depending on qualifications ($15.62 – $16.83 per hour)
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please email your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
Kimberly Karashin, Vice President of HR & Culture
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City
Email applications are preferred; if that is not an option you may send your application to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Kimberly Karashin, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full Time