Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Camp Wood YMCA-- Engagement and Marketing Services Specialist (Remote)
Do you like meeting new people? Striking up conversations at the grocery store? Organizing fun events?
How about making a difference and positively impacting children and families?
If yes, then Camp Wood YMCA is looking for your energy and enthusiasm to help us spread our mission and encourage Campers and guests alike to come experience Camp Wood YMCA for themselves.
Camp Wood YMCA is looking for someone to be a part of the Camp Wood YMCA Team. A values-based organization with year-round services, Camp Wood YMCA is a summer camp, retreat venue and environmental education center nestled in the beauty of the Tallgrass Prairie on the Flint Hills. Camp Wood YMCA grows
campers and guests in self, while having fun and impactful experiences, living out adventures and developing relationships that last forever. Through connections with character-driven role models and safe, outdoor programming, campers and guests leave with a greater respect for God’s creation as well as an increased
self-confidence, awareness and independence. This is all done by standing on the YMCA mission of putting Christian principles into practice to build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all.
We are looking for someone who wants to impact people by getting them to camp and spreading the word about camp and the services camp provides.
Seventy-five percent of this position's time will compose of meeting people, in-person marketing, engaging current campers, families, and organizations while recruiting new campers, families and organizations. Along with content creation and technical marketing skills a qualified candidate will need to display energy,
enthusiasm, charisma and character to build relationships and engagement with current and potential campers and guests.
Working to expand upon the Camp Wood YMCA Principles (below) and the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility, the Engagement and Marketing Services Specialist will primarily work from their own
home base and need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Regular meetings with camp leadership and trips to Camp Wood YMCA site will be required. Travel throughout the Kansas and the Midwest region to further relationships with potential campers and guests will be a part of the position.
I’m Third Principles of Service
Live Your Core - We exemplify the Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and responsibility in all we do.
Campers and Guests Centered - We will put our campers and guests experience at the center of all we do.
Families Don’t Sweat - We are here to make things easier for our Camper, Guests, and fellow staff members. Leading by being courteous, positive, and responding immediately.
We All Do the Dishes - We take initiative in all areas of camp to leave all areas, campers, and guests better than when we first encountered them.
Never Settle - We consistently strive to improve our facilities, our programs, our delivery of programs, and ourselves.
The Engagement and Marketing Services Specialist will support Camp Wood YMCA in providing strategic and tactical leadership in marketing and communications to advance Camp Wood YMCA’s mission. This position will implement comprehensive marketing and sales strategies in order to expand and support our offerings. The Engagement and Marketing Services Specialist will work closely with the Camp Wood CEO to collaborate with all areas of camp to develop and achieve marketing and sales goals related to camper and group acquisition and retention. This position will assist with the implementation of external marketing, camper and group communication, staff engagement and communication, and digital strategy and development.
- Support marketing projects as assigned.
- Lead social media strategy and execute daily social media activities.
- Assist digital marketing strategy and complete web site updates as requested ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
- Create and implement email campaigns for all of Camp Wood YMCA including campers, group camping,and philanthropy
- Maintain marketing promo calendar ensuring projects are started/completed on time and gather all relevant information from the responsible parties.
- Execute small video projects as assigned for social media or online distribution.
- Assist in producing copy for marketing materials, press releases, emails, and social media as assigned.
- Provide photography guidance to on-site staff for events and everyday happenings.
- Assist with editing marketing brochures and flyers.
- This position will work closely with the COO to coordinate initiatives to engage community members, build and maintain community relationships with organizations, churches, schools and groups.
- Be involved in the total scope of Camp Wood YMCA programs and services as a team member; including special assignments for the good of CWY.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for strict adherence to all camp and department policies and procedures related to safety, conduct, rules, and other regulations
- Successful experience in the marketing field to include; multi-channel marketing, project leadership, and results management with a deep understanding of the intersection of consumer experience, media, marketing and digital technology
- Proven ability to be an innovative, creative, proactive and self-directed team player in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge in effective use of social media platforms, G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills including ability to compose and curate content, design graphics, write and edit compelling stories, draft statements of work, develop RFPs, manage bids, place media, and coach others in creation of content
- Experience in marketing planning, strategy and workflows, business process design, behavioral marketing, and data mining and analysis
- Must be able to meet deadlines and manage interruptions and handle requests efficiently, and have
strong computer proficiency.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule, to include evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Commitment to Camp Wood YMCA mission, vision and values.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written.
- Able to work with diverse groups of people with a service oriented approach.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities/projects with little or no supervision.
- Able to travel to various sites throughout Kansas and parts of surrounding states (primarily KCMO region).
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999