Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Community Outreach Supervisor
The Community Outreach Supervisor provides key support for the Marketing department managing the operations and execution of the Open Doors program. This is an important role as it directly impacts the Kauffman Center’s mission and vision, including providing access and engagement programs for youth, families and the community at large. With an additional focus on brand marketing, external communications and public relations, this position identifies opportunities for internal and external collaboration, cross functional team-building and analysis of existing and innovative marketing and communications strategies.
Candidate must have superior written and verbal communications skills with confidence in proofreading abilities. The ideal candidate is flexible, dependable, detail-oriented and self-starting. Additionally, this position requires a candidate experienced in data entry, Microsoft Office, professional email communications, event planning, project management and generating social media content. The Community Outreach Supervisor will provide the highest level of customer service to all guests, partners, vendors and clients.
This position must work effectively within the internal Kauffman Center team to accomplish established organizational and departmental objectives. This visible role leads by example and is a positive and highly professional representative of the Kauffman Center externally. This position requires the ability to remain calm under pressure and assist with programs and events as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Open Doors Spotlight on Youth (30%)
- Actively engages to provide structure, coordination and daily management of all activities under the Spotlight on Youth component of Open Doors
- Coordinate and promote ancillary programs underneath Open Doors Spotlight on Youth including Live in the Lobby, Backstage Intensive, and collaborative programming with community partners
- Develops all audience engagement activity tied to Kauffman Center Presents programming and creates unique experiences to enhance the guest experience
- Provides internship program oversight and coordination while serving as a convener/coach to ensure that interns and staff are working well to achieve common goals
- Leads internal Future Stages Festival planning team with a variety of duties in the areas of community engagement, marketing, and operations
- Manage Open Doors Spotlight on Youth budget (including for Future Stages Festival), track expenses, and oversee any budget reforecasting throughout the year
- Creates proposals and outlines potential Open Doors program expansions to increase the Kauffman Center’s impact in the community, create more engagement for diverse audiences, and strengthen access opportunities for youth
- As part of all Spotlight on Youth activities, this position engages with other cross-functional staff at Kauffman Center to accomplish organizational goals, report on KPIs, review grant narratives, and support Open Doors funding initiatives.
Open Doors Transportation and Community Tickets Funds (20%)
- Provides proactive and ongoing communications to effectively engage educational and outreach program partners
- Promotes Open Doors Transportation Fund and student matinee programming to school districts across the Kansas City Metro area and in rural communities
- Approves Open Doors applications and coordinates funding requests for schools, teachers, and administrators
- Manages Open Doors Transportation Funds and Community Tickets budgets and works with internal stakeholders to ensure funding successes align with program spending
- Meets with social services agencies about Community Tickets partnerships, approves ticket requests for Kauffman Center student matinees, provides follow-up with ticket recipients
- Collects and organizes quantitative and qualitative impact information for use in communications and fundraising materials
Communications and Public Relations (30%)
- Generates content (i.e. blog content, institutional focused press releases, identified marketing or outreach copy and other organizational needs as assigned)
- Oversees social media across all platforms including content generation, monitoring posts, growing engagement and responding to messages
- Insures external communications stay on brand (i.e. reviewing and editing content) and assists with institutional and cross-departmental design projects as needed
- Assists with internal communications surrounding press hits or other community items
- Supports Director of Marketing with on-site media coordination, external video and photography requests, manages Kauffman Center photographers, leads off-site engagement efforts as needed, maintains digital press kit materials, builds press contact list and photo archive
- Provides customer service response to escalated patron complaints and survey feedback
Community Engagement and Grassroots Efforts (15%)
- Supports engagement with community partners, networking groups, businesses and individuals working to promote the Kauffman Center locally and/or regionally
- Organizes grassroots marketing campaigns for Kauffman Center Presents events and auxiliary programs and attends community events to promote Kauffman Center programming
- Evaluates large-scale survey analysis and audience demographics and tracks effectiveness of ongoing community outreach and marketing tactics
- Seeks growth opportunities for partnerships especially as related to education and community engagement
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
The Community Outreach Supervisor should be present at all Kauffman Center Presents performances and represent the Kauffman Center at select community engagement and networking events throughout the year, including evenings, weekends and some holidays. As this position includes responsibilities in social media and public relations, there is an expectation of responsiveness outside of standard daytime business hours.
Education and Experience:
- College degree and/or the equivalent of related experience
- Minimum of two years related experience in marketing/communications, education or community outreach
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess the following
- An ability to work independently and to lead, train and motivate others collaboratively
- A strong desire to work professionally and positively with youth and the general public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Window applications
- The ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience working proactively and responsively with news media
- Demonstrated success utilizing digital communications channels (website, email, social media)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud tools and CRM database (i.e. Tessitura)
- Background in performing arts or experience working with non-profit organizations
- Please submit a cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications, a CV/resume, 2 writing samples, salary requirement and the names of three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999