Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position Available: Content Writer
Appointment Date: Jan. 1, 2019
Responsibilities: The Content Writer develops copy and raises public awareness of Avila University through earned, owned and paid media initiatives. The Content Writer is responsible for promoting the brand tone, University mission, services, students, and faculty. The Content Writer is an integral part of the Advancement team and reports to the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications.
This person will assist the Sr. Directors (in Marketing and Advancement) in the production and distribution of external and internal original content across multiple platforms, including print, digital, social, email, education, and general communications channels. Specific outlets and responsibilities include magazine, websites, newsletters, press releases, event descriptions, presentations, articles, advertising and marketing materials based on need.
Qualifications: The Content Writer should either possess the following skill sets and/or be able to perform described essential duties as outlined.
- Must possess a natural curiosity and the desire to develop stories and fully understand new topics and/or materials through research, interviews, and collaboration.
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and have the self-motivation to work ahead.
- Must be able to switch gears and write in a variety of styles/tones to match the desired outcome, ie: educate, inform, persuade, motivate or entertain.
- Excellent project management skills and ability/temperament to juggle multiple deadlines from multiple clients.
- Must be able to work independently, figuring out what you don’t know, and collaboratively willing to share what you do know.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Understanding of search engine optimization insights that drive content improvements.
- Must be able to digitally resize images for various networks and combine those images with text to create a compelling and coherent message.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe Cloud products.
- Low-level front-end and back-end web experience with a CMS.
- Some basic photography and video editing experience would be a plus but is not
- Must be available during work week, 8 am – 5 pm, plus some evenings and weekends.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years as a professional writer or a portfolio of work that demonstrates your abilities with creating content in multiple media.
Education: Applicants must have at least a four-year degree from an accredited university, in Journalism, Communications/Media Writing or another similar emphasis; Master’s degree preferred.
Benefits: This is a full-time position, eligible for the usual and customary benefits. Avila University’s comprehensive benefit package includes a generous holiday schedule, tuition remission for employee and dependents, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits and health insurance.
Application Information: Send cover letter, résumé and links to writing samples to email@example.com (email preferred) or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64145-1698