Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Digital Content Coordinator
Mid-America Arts Alliance (M-AAA) has an exceptional opportunity for a part-time, temporary Digital Content Coordinator. The main objective of this grant-funded position is to provide administrative and operational support for the Marketing and Communications Department at M-AAA.
The Digital Content Coordinator works with department staff supporting the day-to-day work and essential functions involved with social media and digital content with supervision from the Communications Manager. The position requires flexibility and skill to undertake a project that will develop and change from day to day; to communicate effectively with constituents, stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties; and to handle confidential matters requiring absolute discretion.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least one year of digital content creation experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment, a history of demonstrating initiative, a strong intuitive sensibility, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. They must possess excellent computer skills and be able to project a professional organization image via all communications. Familiarity with the worlds of art, culture, artists, and museums is a plus.
Mid-America Arts Alliance is headquartered in the Crossroads Arts District of Kansas City, Missouri. M-AAA brings more art to more people in communities throughout our six-state region (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas) and the nation. With an annual operating budget of over $5 million and 29 staff members, we produce and manage more than 450 exhibition, performance, and professional development opportunities in more than 300 communities.
- Posting and managing content for the following social channels: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Assisting M-AAA Communications with the inclusion of rich digital media, including but not limited to video and audio content;
- Processing data and managing timelines for numerous programs;
- Researching opportunities for M-AAA constituents that will apply to social media content;
- Working closely with the Communications Manager and Director of Marketing and Communications to accomplish department goals;
- Attending department meetings; and
- Other duties as assigned
Work is of a mostly sedentary nature or low-impact in physical activity. This includes sitting at a desk using a computer, phone, and other office equipment as well as walking and driving to various locations as needed. Will occasionally be required to travel to document or film programming. While a majority of work occurs in relation to M-AAA and its programs, this person will be required to be flexible and acclimate to changing priorities and new objectives.
The following are key items that will be utilized to evaluate work performance:
- Meeting deadlines;
- Quality of service offered as demonstrated by friendly, timely, and accurate responses to a individuals;
- Accurate and engaging content for social media in text, image, and video format;
- Quality of written materials;
- Effective working relationships with all internal divisions and project partners; and
- Ability to interpret and explain facets of M-AAA programs and procedures to others.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills; cross-cultural and sensitivity to other cultural values, norms, and customs preferred;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a diverse group of staff and professional colleagues;
- A participative work style and the ability to give and receive feedback; and
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the artistic mission of the organization.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated mix of the following:
- Experience with social media management and content development
- Understanding of video editing and graphic design;
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills;
- Proficiency in working on various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and Word Press;
- An understanding of branding and brand alignment;
- At least one year of coordinated communications and marketing experience;
- Familiarity with marketing channels and online marketing strategies;
- Creative minded with the ability to create new content in meeting the goals of the organization;
- Fluency in a language other than English not required, but a plus; and
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Mid-America Arts Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Part Time,Temporary