Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Specialist. If you are a person who loves being part of a committed team and enjoys interaction with a diverse group of people, we would like to hear from you!
The Digital Marketing Specialist is an integral player in the Marketing and Communications team that drives marketing strategy, execution and engagement tactics. This role will create meaningful online experiences for leads, prospects, donors, volunteers and partners driving increased year over year revenue.
A Day in the Life of a Digital Marketing Specialist:
- Executes end-to-end steps of all email campaigns, works with the Director of Marketing and Communications, internal clients from the Development and/or Programs teams, manages and maintains email lists/segmentation, campaign monitoring and analysis.
- Manages all social media channels including creating communications calendar, creating content specific to each channel that is compelling and increases audience engagement, determines frequency and visuals suitable to each channel and target audience. Monitors engagement and responds promptly to all comments.
- Supports the charity’s marketing objectives of lead generation, donor cultivation and retention through the tactical execution of email communications and digital marketing campaigns
- Provides day-to-day oversight of website including SEO/SEM and optimizes user journeys to access volunteer, donation, and family care resources. Works in coordination with the Director of Marketing and Communications and staff regarding web content management, including regular informational updates, event calendar listings and website landing pages
- Increases RMHC-KC’s online visibility, manages and executes RMHC-KC’s local digital advertising. Activities may include: Optimizing our Google Adwords grant; proposing digital advertising budget and paid social that will deliver healthy pipeline of prospects, and move donors through lifecycle optimizing engagement, retention and revenue.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent field required.
- Two to four years of prior, relevant work experience in digital and/or email marketing, with emphasis on direct response.
- Proven success in managing digital advertising including display, paid social, retargeting, with experience in Google AdWords.
- Prior, relevant systems experience with website CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.); e-mail marketing platform (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.); CRM system (Blackbaud/Raisers Edge), content scheduling (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.); Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter Analytics, and a working knowledge of Canvaa or Adobe Suite
- Demonstrate commitment to RMHC-KC’s mission and core values
- Possess strong software skills, including advanced features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate a collaborative style, strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and knowledge and enthusiasm for the job
- Effectively present information to groups and individuals through verbal and written formats
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced working environment; highly resourceful and work gracefully under pressure with tight deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize, understand, accept and appreciate the value of workplace diversity; respect the practices, values and points of view of other individuals and groups. Be able to communicate with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and guests from various professional backgrounds.
- Pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee multiple areas simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Be a highly organized self-starter with the ability to multitask and function effectively under pressure
- Express ability to complete activities/projects in a timely manner, on or before scheduled deadlines, with minimal errors
- Demonstrate competency with a photo and video camera
- Travel throughout the RMHC-KC’s campus, including the RMHC-KC Family Room Program
- Adhere to RMHC-KC’s safety and COVID-19 prevention protocols
Reasons to Join Our Team:
- We Put Families First – All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
- We Give Our Best – We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
- We Are Compassionate and Respectful - We act in caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of individual differences. We honor and celebrate the diversity our people and our programs.
- We Collaborate – We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
- We Celebrate – We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Who We Are:
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 65 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to over 2,000 families and supported visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children's Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what's most important: their child's health. For over 39 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
RMHC-KC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and/or any other status protected by law.
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY:
Job Type: Full Time