Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director, Brand and Marketing
Girl Scouts is the only organization singularly dedicated to preparing girls for leadership. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), Entrepreneurship, Civic Engagement and Outdoor Experiences, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering development of leadership skills and self-esteem. Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is chartered by Girl Scouts of the USA and supports15,000 girl members and 9,000 adult volunteers in its 47- county jurisdiction surrounding the Greater Kansas City, St. Joseph and Topeka areas.
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is hiring a Director of Brand and Marketing based in the Greater Kansas City Area. This full-time role is responsible for developing and implementing brand and marketing strategy for the organization. This position will support all areas of operations including membership, program, fund development and product program to create and execute content for print, web and social media campaigns. This position will work in partnership with the Web, Creative and Print Production Lead to pair content with creative. The Director, Brand and Marketing will supervise the Brand amd Marketing Specialist position.
- Provides, develops and leads content strategy that advances an accurate and informed portrayal of the council and its mission to internal and external audiences.
- Develop content for all council marketing materials, including recruitment flyers, direct mail appeals, social media graphics, e-newsletters, patch design, special event / campaign design and other digital materials.
- Creates minimal graphics as a back-up to the Web, Creative and Print Production Lead for social media post and provides minimal photography for events / program activities to share on social media platforms.
- Manages the implementation of content for marketing campaigns and/or initiatives as identified in the department’s annual plan of work.
- Manages and creates content for social media channels.
- Consults with and advises council staff on content and messaging relating to their respective departments in order to strengthen the position as the leading and primary organization dedicated to preparing girls for leadership.
- Through creative direction, this position works to strengthen our brand voice in the community and beyond.
- Serves on the council leadership team and participates in problem-solving and decision-making related to issues that impact overall council success.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, presentations, and other written materials.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up with a minimum of direction.
- Advanced understanding of principles and practices of public relations, marketing, advertising and technology
- Able to effectively convey information, thoughts and ideas in strong verbal and written communication form to all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills and exhibits sound judgement
- Able to persuade, influence and collaborate effectively to gain support
- Strong Project Management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- 6-10 years of progressively responsible marketing related management experience; or, any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Previous experience managing full marketing budgets and meeting fiscal requirements
- Must have experience in the following software:
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro)
- Microsoft Office 365 (strong PowerPoint skills)
- Constant Contact
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation
Work is performed in primarily outdoor weather conditions, dirt and dust, and extreme heat or cold. As well as some work performed at home or in office environments.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time