Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Communications
As the largest provider of services and care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) in the metro, Life Unlimited helps individuals live a life with unlimited possibilities. By providing the highest quality individualized supports, individuals are able to reach their maximum level of independence. Life Unlimited provides support services to more than 1000 clients and their families in the Kansas City Metro. These include vital services related to residential housing, day programs, community therapeutic recreation, employment services, emergency medical assistance, transportation, and family resources.
The Director of Communications is responsible for supporting Life Unlimited Inc.’s mission of expanding the organization’s outreach through the execution of various creative and innovative communication and marketing strategies. This position is responsible for developing and implementing promotion strategies using Life Unlimited’s social media platforms, website, e-newsletter, print materials, and other marketing tools, maintaining relationships with local media, and creating compelling content and graphics that drive the organization’s brand awareness. Life Unlimited, Inc.’s professionals should exhibit these core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solid understanding of strategic market planning and implementation.
- Leads public relations efforts to ensure that external communication effectively promotes public awareness of the agency and our mission.
- Develops and manages content for social media platforms, including strategy, content creation and monitoring.
- Develop communication and media relationships which support the expansion of public service announcements and promote public participation in special fund-raising programs and events.
- Proven ability to develop and implement multi-channel marketing social media campaigns.
- Experience in engaging communities via Social Media with metrics to support strategies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as well as developing content to drive engagement for the organization.
- Coordinate marketing committee to oversee a consistent and active communication strategy for the purposes of program messaging, fundraising, awareness and branding.
- Drive organizational marketing, branding and communication plans and initiatives.
- Manage and maintain the donor database to include donor information, donations and donor acknowledgements
- Utilize the DonorPerfect database to pull reports, mailing lists and donor records to assist in fundraising efforts such as individual asks, annual mailings and grant writing.
- Establish a consistent Life Unlimited, Inc. brand identity and develop creative market outreach programs that will drive new relationships and partners to the organization.
- As workflow and time allows, assist Development team fundraising efforts with various special events.
- Assist in the writing of grant proposals to Corporations, Foundations and trusts; will also respond to questions and inquiries regarding post-grant evaluations as the need arises.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Communication or related field preferred, with 3-7 years of previous experience in Marketing, Marketing Communications or Public Relations preferred.
- Previous experience executing results-driven marketing plans and demonstrated ROI.
- Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to engage in abstract reasoning and problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional and effective communication skills
- Must demonstrate safe practices in all areas and exemplify positive professional standards.
Job Type: Full Time