Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Communications and Marketing
The primary function of this position is to create and execute strategic marketing and communication plans representing Good Shepherd’s brand in print, digital, and social media platforms that align with the vision and mission of the church.
- Coordinate multi-channel communications strategies based on brand and driven by the vision and mission of the church, to include:
- Content curation
- Website, goodshepherdkc.com
- Good Shepherd app
- Social Media
- Weekly video announcements (I2P)
- Email newsletter: content, design, delivery
- Print and digital promotions
- Invitational tools (postcards, banners, social media events and graphic tools)
- Be the chief storyteller through print and video of the way that God is working in the lives of those in our church
- Maintain schedules for content distribution on digital platforms
- Manage all projects using strategy and prioritization to reach the targeted audience with focused communication on reaching the next person
- Capture events through photos and video; engage a team of volunteers
- Oversee the church website design and app, to include function and maintenance to ensure all content is treated as a “front door” to visitors; is current and that requested/needed forms are available
- Measure, report, and analyze engagement across all platforms
- Coordinate materials needed for annual generosity campaigns
- Promote Good Shepherd and its events to the community through creative means
- Other creative means to reach more people for Christ!
- A follower of Christ and growing in his/her faith
- Committed to the mission and ministries of Good Shepherd
- Ability to see a big picture and move to implementation using strategy
- A person who has a sincere curiosity of others
- Strong proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite products
- Experience with both print and digital design
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Exceptional command of English language conventions, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to write creatively and concisely
- Ability to coordinate projects across various mediums and groups of people
Hours and Lines of Communication· Full time (40 hours per week), paid staff with full benefit package.
Good Shepherd is a multisite church located in the northland of Kansas City. The church is known for energizing and compelling messages, contemporary music, and excellent children and youth programming. For more visit, www.goodshepherdkc.com
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999
Good Shepherd Church