Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Grant Writer/ Marketing Associate
Are you seeking a position with an organization poised to make even a greater impact on Kansas City? If you are interested in ending homelessness in Kansas City for this generation and the next, then Community LINC is the place for you.
Who we are:
For over 30 years, Community LINC has been a game-changer in serving and housing the most vulnerable families in our community. As such, we have demonstrated innovation by creating new housing programs that increased our capacity to serve more families; strengthened our programming to ensure that we are ending homelessness for this generation and the next; and transformed our service delivery model to one that has a broader community focus. We attract talented professionals through competitive salaries, excellent benefits, generous PTO, and by fully embracing the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, we are now accepting applications for an Grant Writer/ Marketing Associate
Community LINC staff share a common competency framework which guides our approach to services, informs our practices, and creates our values of trust, integrity, transparency and mutual respect. Our goal is to drive communal change from homelessness to homefullness through innovation, creativity, strategic thinking, and flexibility. We are a team of like-minded fun loving individuals who truly believe that together we can create a home, a place, a community for everyone.
Who we are seeking:
The Grant Writer /Marketing Associate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching, writing and managing the application process and reports for all foundation, corporate, government, and congregational grants, producing and publishing all written materials that represent Community LINC including newsletters, eNews, social media, and other communications as needed. This position is approximately 70% grant and agency writing, 20 grant reporting and 10% marketing functions.
- Research, write and submit funding proposals to government, corporate and foundation and congregational sources.
- Ensure that all responsibilities of grant management and research, submissions and reports are completed on a timely basis.
- Facilitate grant monitoring visits and audits.
- Create donor thank-you letter content.
- Update, manage, and monitor donor database for grant reporting and stewardship.
- Work with Director of Operations and program staff to monitor program outcomes and research.
- Represent Community LINC through in-person and media presentations as needed.
2. Marketing and PR:
- Participate in developing marketing strategies and calendar with the Development Team and marketing volunteers.
- Create, manage, and edit website content, newsletters, social media, and other creative briefs as needed.
- Ensure the website is secure, up-to-date, and easy to navigate and addresses the needs of Community LINC constituents.
- Participate in the agency’s Marketing Initiatives and provide strategies for the marketing plan.
- Manage Direct Mail strategies, and calendar
- Write Direct Mail Content
- Assure Community LINC’s brand communicates the desired image and position; assure consistent communication of image through the organization and to all constituencies.
- Solicit and write stories from staff, residents and graduates to be used in marketing materials and direct mail appeals.
3. Financial and Facility:
- Maintain sound financial practices, assist the Director of Fund Development and Director of Operations and operate within budget guidelines.
4. Assist and support other areas of Community LINC functions as required.
- Exhibits the behavior that supports the mission, vision and values of Community LINC.Must possess a strong commitment to working with homeless and/or families in poverty.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people and attitudes, possess a personal belief that others can be successful.
- Proficient in social media, web updates and copy writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), publishing software programs, and comfortable using the internet.
- Enthusiasm for face-to-face and telephone fundraising, enjoy working with a team and be driven to motivate others, achieve goals and get results.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; detail focused; demonstrated record of meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work creatively and effectively with a wide variety of people and interest groups, and network successfully.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively represent the organization when speaking with funders, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity with internal and external audiences.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999