Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Marketing and Communications Manager
After the Harvest Marketing and Communications Manager
After the Harvest
Our 501(c)(3) nonprofit rescues nutritious fruits and vegetables from going to waste and donates them to agencies that serve hungry people, primarily in Greater Kansas City. Our volunteers glean after the harvest, picking what’s left in farmers’ fields and picking up already harvested leftover produce. The majority of the funds we raise helps secure semi-truckloads of donated produce that might otherwise end up in landfills. Learn more at aftertheharvestkc.org.
Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Do you believe that no one should go hungry, that healthy food is a right and not a luxury and that no food should go to waste? Then join our passionate team at After the Harvest as we work to make a difference in Greater Kansas City.
Our Marketing and Communications Manager will oversee all digital and traditional marketing communications. The successful candidate will build and execute a targeted marketing, communications and brand strategy plan, which will support the vision of the organization while engaging the voices of all key stakeholders—recipients, donors, growers, agencies, partners, staff, volunteers.
- Manage all communications channels, including website, paid/organic social media, e-mail marketing, direct mail, media/public relations, Google Ad Grants.
- Set creative direction on production of all marketing initiatives, while working within a tight budget, obtaining necessary approval and adhering to approved messaging, branding and style. Supervise vendors, staff and volunteers to follow guidelines.
- Write and design in all channels; generate compelling photos, videos.
- Produce ATH stories about volunteers, recipients, other stakeholders associated with our mission through interviews and photographs for all media platforms and grants.
- Provide web and digital marketing analytics and other to maintain consistent reach, awareness and opportunities for growth within targeted segments.
- Collaborate with senior staff: With Development Director on campaigns/initiatives via all channels including online fundraising platform and with Program Director to communicate new and ongoing projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate must be good communicator who is creative, enthusiastic, self-directed, collaborative, compassionate as well as a highly organized multi-tasker with excellent project management abilities.
- Strong writing, design, photography/videography skills.
- 5-7 years previous experience with a proven track record of producing targeted, data-driven marketing/communication strategies and tactics, preferably for a non-profit
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications.
- Mid-level experience preferred with social media platforms, MailChimp, Mogli, FormTitan, WordPress, Classy, Hootsuite, Canva, Asana, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Drive.
Hours and Location:
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some weekends and evenings to meet deadlines, for events and meetings. The After the Harvest Staff is currently working from home post-pandemic. New workplace is targeted for February, 2022.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Range: $42,000-$48,000 (Determined by experience level.)
Benefits include health insurance coverage, retirement contribution, PTO and paid holidays, mileage reimbursement.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
After the Harvest is committed to fostering diversity in the workplace. As such, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999