Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Marketing & Development Coordinator
**In order to be considered for this position please submit a Cover Letter**
If you are interesting in this position and would like to apply please visit: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=12143&clientkey=147ECC7C8F07DEC613E743D6973B8D0B
The Marketing & Development Coordinator works on overall marketing & development initiatives of the agency. The primary focus includes writing grant proposals and managing the related aspects of grant application submissions for KC CARE program areas as needed; participating in cultivating effective and ongoing relationships with funders; continually researching funding opportunities for program continuation and implementation; and managing up-to-date and accurate funding data and records for funders and the agency. The position also involves providing input on marketing initiatives; creating marketing materials of all media; and providing support related to special events.
- Degree in business, communications, public relations, journalism, English, advertising, social work, etc.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in grant writing including some marketing experience.
- Experience as lead writer on at least one federal government application preferred.
- Previous Raiser’s Edge experience preferred; database experience of some kind preferred.
- Experience with Adobe design software preferred.
- Researches, drafts and works within a team to construct well-written, persuasive applications and proposals for funding existing infrastructure and future program development.
- Continually researches funding opportunities.
- Participates in the maintenance of the grant calendar of deadlines and the weekly Grant Process meeting. Tracks funding received to assist in grant management and monitoring.
- Prepares grants reports as needed.
- Serves as a clearinghouse for organizational information required for grant applications (background, history, standard forms).
- Works collaboratively with KC CARE leadership and program staff to facilitate the grants process and best represent KC CARE to the community and funders – which include a mix of federal, state and local funding as well as private funding sources and family foundations.
- Works as a member of the marketing and development team contributing, as appropriate, to overall marketing and development efforts such as contributing to strategic discussions, developing messaging strategy, and creating marketing materials including annual reports, brochures, signage and newsletters.
- Supports the execution of special events through management of sponsorships and registrations, logistical planning, technology implementation, volunteer training and on-site management, as needed.
- Supports the mission and vision of the Kansas City CARE Clinic.
- Is a team member of the Kansas City CARE Clinic; supporting other staff members and departments when needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently, self-initiate projects, prioritize workload in an organized manner, and follow through with bringing assignments to conclusion in a timely manner.
- Proven project management skills including facilitation of project teams.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and quickly adjust to change.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail as well as record keeping experience.
- Strong computer skills along with knowledge and experience in the internet. Extensive computer knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet ongoing deadlines.
- Must be able to handle and keep extremely sensitive information confidential.
- Must be able to work for more than one individual at a time, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules supporting fundraising events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting of office supplies;
- Will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment;
- Will be expected to work evening and/or additional hours as needed.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The Kansas City CARE Clinic is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full-time