Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Located in Shawnee, Kansas, Central Baptist Theological Seminary (Central)’s mission is to prepare leaders for seeking God, shaping church, and serving humanity and all creation. Since 1901, Central has educated persons from diverse backgrounds in preparation for a wide variety of ministry and service contexts. Inclusivity has been a valued quality of Central throughout its history, and this value still motivates Central today.
From its founding, Central has remained responsive to the educational needs of a variety of church, ministry, and service traditions. Throughout the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s Central evolved its curriculum, faculty composition, and focus to address the issues of Civil Rights, gender inequity, and the plight of Native Americans.
Central was also on the forefront of remote learning for seminaries, and prioritized making high-quality, postsecondary education more accessible and affordable. Today, Central serves students in eleven global locations, including partnerships with universities in South Korea and Myanmar, and approximately 70% of Central’s current students are Asian. The seminary has attracted a diverse and dynamic group of students who are preparing for their own unique and imaginative ministries in traditional church settings, for careers in non-profit organizations, and beyond.
About the Role
Central seeks a Marketing Director to bring a new focus to marketing and broaden Central’s reach. The Marketing Director reports to the President and works in close partnership with the Director of Development, the Director of Alumni Engagement and Lifelong Learning, and the Associate Dean for Instructional Support and Student Success.
You will be the lead strategist and project manager of Central’s marketing and communication efforts. The Marketing Director is both a strategic and tactical position and is responsible for developing, executing, and analyzing Central’s annual communications plan. The ideal candidate has a clear grasp of all core components of marketing, with particularly strong experience in writing, branding, messaging, website, social media, producing electronic, and print collateral (especially as they relate to recruitment and development), storytelling, and project management.
The Marketing Director can expect her/his/their work to include:
Leadership and Marketing Strategy:
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and reflect Central’s values
- Actively engage with Central staff, faculty, and community to truly understand Central’s mission and vision and to gather stories for marketing and development communications
- Work collaboratively with Central’s leadership team and Director of Development, Director of Alumni Engagement and Lifelong Learning, and the Associate Dean for Instructional Support and Student Success to develop and execute Central’s annual communications calendar, content plan, and design and approval process that covers all social media, online, and offline communications
- Develop strong and consistent branding and messaging for Central
- Collaborate with team members to develop creative and mission-centric messaging that articulates Central’s unique offerings as a seminary
- Manage creation, development, distribution, and maintenance of all electronic and print collateral for both development and recruitment purposes including, but not limited to, newsletters (electronic and print), annual reports, Central’s website, and social media accounts.
- Deftly draft marketing communications targeted to the diverse audiences in Central’s community, including prospective students, alumni, and other donors
- Lead strategies and tactics for utilizing social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) for both development and recruitment purposes
- Utilize Google Analytics, paid advertising, web marketing (SEO and SEM) and digital strategy to expand virtual reach for both development and recruitment purposes
- Manage development of compelling digital content (video, graphics, etc.) and create branded visuals
- Work with Central staff and faculty to collect, organize, and share powerful stories from Central’s community
- Work with the Director of Development to craft creative and mission-centric fundraising messaging that articulates Central’s case for support
- Design and track engagement metrics to determine the success of Central’s marketing efforts
- Represent Central to outside vendors as it relates to marketing and communication (emfluence, web developers, etc.)
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- A dynamic and poised professional who will represent Central’s work with enthusiasm and authenticity
- A strong writer with experience creating compelling content
- A natural people person with a genuine desire to tell the stories behind Central’s unique, diverse community
- A practiced public speaker who can think on your feet
- A stickler for details and quality
- A creative thinker willing to test out new ideas
- A strong self-motivator
- An exceptional communicator and networker
- Someone who is amenable to working with allies to promote social justice education
- Someone who possesses spiritual sensibilities, appreciates diversity of thought and experience in the faith journeys of others, and wants to shine a spotlight on the Central community
- Someone with strong cross-cultural competency and who is comfortable collaborating with Central’s large Korean community. Working knowledge of the Korean language and culture is a plus, but not required
- A Bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of marketing and communications experience
- Demonstrable experience and success as a marketing generalist, with hands-on practice at branding, messaging, website, social media, producing print and electronic collateral (including newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, direct mail, etc.), and storytelling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience working with online platforms such as MailChimp, Canva, Google products, WordPress, social media platforms, and other platforms that enable and enhance digital presence
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex issues
- Enthusiasm to propose fresh ideas without prompting by leadership, openness to feedback on those ideas, and a persistence to bring those ideas to life
- A “teamwork” mindset and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Salary range will be $65,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience
- In addition to salary, the seminary provides health, group life, and dental insurance as well as retirement contributions permitted by seminary policies.
Candidates should send the following to hiring(at)threadstrategies.com with Central Marketing Director in the subject line:
- Cover letter containing:
- Salary range
- Available start date
- A writing sample that is authored solely by the candidate and relevant to marketing and communications work, like a blog post, article, social media campaign, etc.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999,$75,000 - 99,999