Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Marketing & Event Director
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with numerous dedicated volunteers and committees, the Marketing and Events Director is responsible for the following:
· Maintaining Medical Missions web site and social media presence, creating compelling content through integration of copy, videography and photography.
· Creation and implementation of a Communications Calendar
· Coordinating and editing blogging and activities of mission participants and other contributors.
· Preparing marketing materials in support of special events and other activities.
· Creation and implementation of Mail Chimp and other email campaigns to reach prospective volunteers, donors and other partners.
· Serving as primary staff person and working with volunteers and committees in support of our events -- Art for the Children, Health for the World, happy hours, Jeff Montgomery Golf Classic and others.
· Supporting Executive Director in ongoing fundraising activities, including exploration of new online and event initiatives.
· Other duties as assigned, in support of missions and other activities.
· 2-5 years’ experience in similar work.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or related fields.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to work with volunteers and committees.
· Proven success creating and managing social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
· Experience in web site design and management, including Word Press, Adobe Photoshop, Canva or other similar programs.
· Experience in design, development and editing of marketing materials.
· Familiarity with Customer Relations Management Systems (CRM) and donor management systems like Salesforce, DonorPerfect and Bloomerang.
· Some experience with and knowledge of fundraising.
· Track record of creating innovative marketing and communications programs across various media platforms.
· Event planning and implementation experience.
· Public relations experience; comfortable speaking with media and in small group settings.
· Exceptional attention to detail; able to juggle multiple tasks.
· Excellent team player, willing to accept new tasks and responsibilities beyond assigned duties.
· Self-motivated; able to proactively identify opportunities and have the confidence to address them.
· Willingness to travel internationally.
· Strong commitment to our mission of providing much-needed medical services in the developing world.
Full time position in flexible office environment. Competitive Salary. Some evening and weekend work will be necessary, primarily for our major events, several small events and support for volunteer committee meetings. Participation in at least one overseas mission a year.
If you are inspired by our mission to make a real difference in the lives of the underserved in the developing world, this is the job for you!
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, writing and design sample to Todd Stettner, Executive Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Include Marketing/Events/Fundraising in Subject line.
Job Type: Full Time