Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Marketing & Outreach Assistant (part time)
About the IRC
The International Relations Council strengthens Kansas City's global perspective by maintaining an active dialogue around world events, global issues, and their impact on our community. As a nonpartisan, educational nonprofit organization, the IRC values informed civil discourse, accessibility, and substance as we work to sharpen our community's 21st-century global acumen. Our vision is a globally informed, engaged, and active Kansas City community that welcomes diverse perspectives and connects through a sincere desire to contribute to our shared future. Learn more at www.irckc.org.
The International Relations Council marketing and outreach assistant will support the promotion of membership and in-person and digital events, network building in the Kansas City community, and maintenance of the IRC’s website and social media. (Please note that we have paused the planning of in-person events and transitioned all events to virtual delivery but will be responsive to changing circumstances.) This position reports to the program manager. The role will average 20 hours/week.
Essential Job Functions
Membership & Event Promotion (40%)
- Identify target audiences for event attendance
- Support the creation of marketing materials for IRC programs, including brochures, flyers, event webpages, and promotional graphics, that cater to target audiences
- Connect with other organizations and networks, past attendees, and IRC members to grow program attendance, especially among target audiences
- Recommend the use of paid promotion to maximize target audience reach and conversion
- Support the design and execution of IRC email communications
- Use event data to identify individual and organizational member prospects; support registration of new members
- Take stock of existing IRC networks, including program attendees and individual and organizational members; recommend ways to maximize their participation in IRC offerings
- With an eye to diversifying program attendees and individual and organizational members, identify networks and organizations for connection
- Track engagement with existing and new networks and organizations
- Contribute to the IRC editorial calendar (emails, social media, blog, other communications)
- Support the digital packaging and distribution of recorded IRC programs
- Ensure timely, consistent, and thorough updates to the IRC’s website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Meetup, YouTube)
- Support event execution, including opening/closing or moderating virtual events, as required
- Provide general customer service to IRC members and members of the community
- Seek out and participate in ongoing professional development related to this position
- Other related duties as assigned; special projects as required
- Two or more years of university study in nonprofit management, international studies, or other related field
- One year related professional experience; desire to grow as a nonprofit professional
- One year customer-service experience, working with the public
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of world affairs, global current events, and the IRC’s mission
- Developed cross-cultural competence, evidenced by prior work, study, or travel
- Strong communication skills in English, including copywriting, evidenced by application materials and interview
- Proven time and project management, dependability, efficiency, organization, attention to detail, and team skills
- Creativity and ability to solve problems with diplomacy, flexibility, and good judgment
- Professionalism and integrity
- Professional experience in the nonprofit sector
- Familiarity with hosting events on the Zoom digital meeting platform
- Experience with CRM/database software and manipulating spreadsheets
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and Animoto
- Basic familiarity with HTML, WordPress, and bulk email platforms like Mailchimp
- Proven effective marketing ability, including social media
The IRC office is located in the Crossroads District of Kansas City, Missouri. IRC staff work in a fast-paced environment and should be prepared to balance multiple priorities and deadlines, take ownership of their projects, and work independently, as part of a team, and with a variety of interns, volunteers, board members, and other area organizations. Given the realities of Covid, we anticipate this position to be primarily, if not fully, remote for the near future, so applicants should have access to reliable phone and internet service. Applicants should reside in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. This position involves primarily daytime, weekday hours on a consistent schedule to be identified with the individual.
The compensation identified for this position is in the range of $15.00/hour, commensurate with education and experience.
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample of no more than 500 words, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Outreach Assistant Application” as the subject. For priority consideration, applications should be received no later than Friday, January 22, 2021.
Job Type: Part Time