Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position Purpose:The Grooming Project opened its doors in January 2016 as the country’s only nonprofit grooming school. Our mission is to empower struggling families to become self-reliant through the provision of job training in the art of pet grooming, low-income housing, life skills, and practical solutions to end their cycle of poverty.
Due to the increased demand for services, The Grooming Project is preparing to double its impact within the next three years. The Grooming Project is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual to join the Communications Team as a Marketing Specialist.
The Marketing Specialist is an integral member of the Development and Communications team and will implement and manage all marketing functions that are vital to reaching the organization’s key audiences and building its earned revenue. This team member will serve as the voice of the organization on all social media channels and will interact with the media on a regular basis. And, after a hard day’s work, this individual gets to go home knowing they are making a difference in people’s lives.
- Manage marketing initiatives through digital advertising, paid/organic social media, and website content
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to strategically publicize content, videos, and images to various platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin.
- Assist with story idea generation, content creation, and general writing
- Work with Communications and Development team to brainstorm marketing initiatives, create social and website content, and leverage support from influencers
- Assist in developing and executing marketing and social media campaigns to raise funds during campaigns and appeals.
- Develop and create marketing materials ensuring brand standards guidelines are met.
- Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of marketing campaigns.
- Manage organization’s website, including making changes, adding content, and general upkeep
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze effective trends, metrics, and strategies to amplify the reach of The Grooming Project
- Assist with various marketing projects throughout the year, such as monthly newsletters, annual reports, and special events
- Work with external agencies and vendors to execute marketing with partners
- Compose press releases, communicate with media, and manage media visits to The Grooming Project
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- In all areas and responsibilities, work collaboratively with peers, students, and program partners to achieve agency goals in a manner reflective of the mission of EPEC, Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of professional marketing experience required
- 1+ year of experience with digital marketing
- In-depth knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of SquareSpace and website management
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to set and maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others, as well as through professional, written communication
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management, and recordkeeping skills, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Must be responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
Necessary Physical/Mental Abilities:
- Ability to meet firm deadlines within a flexible work schedule.
- Strong writing and communication abilities.
- Ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational change
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a part of a team for projects
Job Type: Full Time