Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Marketing Specialist & Community Liaison
Ability KC® brings together Children’s Therapeutic Learning Center and the Rehabilitation Institute of Kansas City, with longstanding reputations of successfully serving thousands of individuals with disabilities and their families through medical rehabilitation, a therapeutic preschool and employment services. Ability KC is founded upon 70 years of mission commitment by both agencies. As Ability KC, the journey ahead is changing the conversation from disabilities to abilities, celebrating the successes of those served and engaging all stakeholders (individuals, families, staff, referral providers and organizations, contributors, donors, partners and the community) through a strategic brand, development and engagement experience across multiple audiences.
The marketing specialist and community liaison is responsible for design, implementation and execution of field marketing campaigns, education and processes to applicable field audiences incorporating applicable research. The specialist is responsible for a robust knowledge of all Ability KC programs and services. For Ability KC, the field marketing team members work directly with referral organizations and providers which include, but not limited to, physicians, hospitals and health systems, clinics, school districts, government and not-for-profit agencies. This position supports the program and admissions leaders with planning, organizing and implementation of individual and family assessments for medical rehabilitation. In addition, the role supports in services, educational offerings, conference/vendor exhibits, etc and in promoting Ability KC special events and activities primarily for medical rehabilitation referral organizations and providers.
The marketing specialist and community liaison works closely with fellow development and marketing team members with the research analytics to support organization-wide to program and development campaigns.
Two positions are included the field team in order to have an integrated approach across all audiences that may utilize the Ability KC programs. The specialists work closely together to identify and produce applicable materials in collaboration with the manager of brand experience and communications. The specialists report to the development and marketing director and support their fellow peer team members with campaign delivery and engagement which may include working special projects as assigned.
Minimum of BS or BA degree in allied health profession with a strong working knowledge of medical rehabilitation, therapeutic education models and family services with familiarity of employment programs for individuals with disabilities.
A minimum of four years experience in a multi-disciplinary setting for allied health, physical medicine and rehabilitation, therapeutic education, social work or closely related field. Preference for minimum of three years experience directly working with hospitals and healthcare systems in a field marketing communications, campaigns and promotions. Previous experience working in a non-profit organization is desired. Demonstrated professional experience providing support to executives with multiple projects and schedules; managing deadlines and timetables; interacting with various types of individuals (business, community leaders and general public). Proven writing and proofreading abilities. Strong customer service skills. Able to work independently, multi-task and problem solve.
- Current appropriate certification/licensure.
- Excellent communication skills to promote effective interaction with clients, insurance companies, staff, community professionals and agency representatives.
- Maintains relationships with third-party vendors and venues as applicable to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing required.
- Able to gather, evaluate, synthesize and effectively present data/information regarding assigned issues/topics.
- Word processing experience preferred.
- Attend relevant trade shows and events and monitor industry trends and competitor activities.
- Manage social media activity surrounding field marketing campaigns.
- Report weekly/monthly on the status of field marketing activities.
- Industry, programmatic and trends knowledge of services (medical rehabilitation, therapeutic preschool and employment services for individuals with disabilities) necessary for the position.
- Has good working knowledge of applicable software, CRM’s, and platforms (i.e. YouTube, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to support responsibilities and is comfortable learning new software programs.
Job Type: Full-time
All employees must wear a mask and practice social distancing. Work is within a health care facility and subject to government mandates.
Job Type: Full Time