Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Senior Communications Strategist
Position: Senior Communications Strategist
Local applicants only, please. No relocation support is available for this role.
Organizational Unit: Engagement/Communications
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior Communications Strategist is a results-driven and digitally/technically savvy communicator who can enhance the Linda Hall Library brand and build strong communities through our various print and digital outlets, including email, social media, website, and more. The Senior Strategist will be responsible for synthesizing, developing, and administering content designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship with the Library’s stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be required to collect and review data and to help develop more effective campaigns.
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Senior Vice President for Engagement, develop, test, and revise, as necessary, a comprehensive yearly communications plan that advances the goals of the long-range strategic plan.
- Lead the Library’s social media efforts. Develop, execute, measure, and grow social strategy among all social platforms. Manage accounts, develop and post content, monitor platforms, and interact with users.
- Coordinate production of marketing materials, manage projects and ensure brand consistency across all platforms. Ensure content is factual, grammatically correct, and aligned with brand standards, tone, and voice.
- Assist with website management, content creation, site organization, and process implementation.
- Serve as a content curator and be passionate about promoting the Library’s subject matter experts and the Library’s collections in the social/digital spaces to help achieve the Library’s strategic goals.
- Analyze data to gauge the success of campaigns/outreach efforts and be responsive to changing environments and tactics.
- Learn and become proficient with internal software systems.
- Other duties as assigned that support the broader goals of the Library or Engagement team.
- Strategic marketing knowledge, innovative and creative thinker, experienced digital and social media manager with a portfolio of work and proven success in the field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in AP and MLA styles. Understanding of PR strategies, SEO, and digital marketing.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to synthesize ideas and create consensus amongst stakeholders.
- Team player with the ability to stay calm under pressure and handle a high volume of work. Ability to multitask and prioritize simultaneous projects.
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems capabilities and the ability to execute using marketing automation tools.
- Proficient in leveraging social media platforms and tools for maximum reach, including:
- Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Digital monitoring, measurement, analytics
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, English, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience
- A confident marketing writer with experience in journalism and/or business writing
- Strong technology skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, CRMs, and marketing automation applications
- Advanced knowledge of SEO and web content demand generation
- Demonstrated social and PR campaign success
- Design skills including InDesign or Illustrator
- Experience partnering with an agency and/or PR firm
- Familiarity with CMS systems
- Google Analytics or other certification
- Experience with cultural or educational organizations/institutions
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The position requires use of a computer, movement within the Library, and standing or sitting for extended periods.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates may respond via email to email@example.com or by fax to 816.926.8790.
All applicants should include a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and contact information for three references.
The Linda Hall Library is and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.