Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Vice President of Marketing & Sales
Do you have a love for the arts? Would you like to be an active part of a beloved Kansas City tradition? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Starlight is looking for an innovative and creative “Star” to lead our Marketing and Sales Department. The Vice President of Marketing and Sales will be a full-time, salaried position that will work year-round.
The Vice President of Marketing & Sales is accountable for all marketing and communications efforts for the Starlight brand. This includes, but is not limited to, providing leadership to the various functions of marketing, public relations, sponsorships and ticket sales for Broadway, Concerts, Community Engagement programs, Young Friends of Starlight and Philanthropy. With responsibility for consumer communications representing Starlight, the V.P. of Marketing & Sales oversees internal staff and external vendors, and has accountability for more than $1 million annual marketing budget, approximately $600-750 thousand in sponsorship revenue and supervises 6-8 full time employees and four summer interns.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Serve as champion of the Starlight brand, ensuring brand key messages and core values are supported and brand standards are consistently executed. Update materials as needed and keep at forefront of organizational focus.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic marketing plan for Broadway to include media planning, creative campaign, direct mail, email, digital and social marketing, public relations and website. Working with the Board Marketing Committee, establish annual marketing goals are set, ensure key measures in place and resources defined to accomplish goals.
- Lead process, in tandem with management team, to identify appropriate packages and pricing for various programs ranging from Broadway season tickets, Concert VIP Season tickets and group sales.
- Develop and nurture sponsor relationships for Broadway, Indoors and Concert sponsorships and other events as needed. Create proposals, valuations and materials needed to gain initial agreements as well as year-end wrap-up books and documentation of delivery. Constantly cultivate new prospects in key business categories.
- Gain customer feedback via nightly surveys, annual survey and direct interaction, responding to patrons directly when appropriate. Report key findings to staff, board committees, etc. Identify and execute additional research efforts as needed for strategic planning.
- Increase Starlight’s presence in community through participation in key organizations such as the Chamber, Visit KC, ARTS KC and local performing arts marketing group to stay linked to peers in market. Participate in Broadway League activities on national level.
- Develop future audiences via marketing efforts, strategic partnerships and programs such as Young Friends of Starlight.
- Provide staff leadership and development. Foster a strong, team oriented culture, encouraging staff to work together in creative environment where good ideas are welcomed from all.
- Accountability- Number of employees supervised: Direct 6+, Indirect and Seasonal varies; Annual Revenue Volume: more than $8 million in ticket sales and $700 thousand in sponsorship.
- Work Environment- Office and theatrical plant environment; hours may vary (including weekends and evenings).
- Travel- Minimal.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressively responsible experience in marketing, performing arts with a proven track record at a senior leadership level. A deep interest in and passion for the performing arts is preferred.
- A strong team leader with sound marketing and sales experience, excellent communication and writing skills.
- Previous ticket sales experience and familiarity with Tessitura a plus.
- A strategic and creative problem solver that can be utilized in multiple facets. Energetic personality and dedication to delivering results required.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead by example by motivating, inspiring and building consensus among the team, agencies and volunteer committees is vital.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, submit your application online or at Starlight’s West Ticket Office, next to Gate 3, Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please visit our website for more information regarding Starlight employment.
Starlight Theatre Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Candidates must submit to and pass pre-employment drug testing for employment consideration.
Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by October 15, 2021 to be considered for employment. Starlight will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals regarding medical or religious exemptions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Starlight Theatre Association of Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
Job Type: Full Time