Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Web Communications Manager
MNU is seeking a seasoned web communications manager to inspire and transform the design, content, and media needs related to web and social media. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, providing innovation in creating and executing effective communication and social media to generate awareness, build relationships, and shape behaviors among prospective students, alumni, and parents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives website design and experience, developing insight-driven strategies with a goal of creating the primary marketing and selling tool for MNU to prospective students and parents
- Works with academic departments across campus to maximize web content
- Ideate and create marketing materials for university to grow prospects interest
- Plan, produce, and coordinate web content and graphics for MNU.edu
- Maintain website including content, links, order flows, and transaction logs
- Focuses marketing efforts on enrollment goals to achieve the University’s Strategic Growth Plan
- Creates, edits, and maintains faculty bios
- Updates all website events, graphics, and announcements weekly
- Maintains all MNU website analytics and makes recommendations accordingly
- Experience managing websites and understanding of emerging media and multiple social media platforms
- Strong, informative, and persuasive writing skills and experience developing communications intended for audiences to take action
- Able to use Google Analytics to guide content needs and assess trends
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven positive work ethic and professional attitude
- Possess the ability to be personally supportive of the Christian character and mission of the University and the ability to articulate the distinctive characteristics of a faith-based education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in marketing, social media, web design, and significant writing responsibilities
- Experience with search engine spiders and organic search engine ranking factors
- Experience with Drupal 8 content management system
- Letter of application
- Copies of transcripts from all universities attended (scan and attach)
- Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith: MidAmerica Nazarene University is an intentionally Christian Community and desires that all employees in positions of leadership reflect a foundational Christian position in word, attitude and action. While there is no predetermined length or format for the Personal Statement of Faith, the norm is a one or two page narrative document describing the applicant’s central Christian beliefs, significant formative influences in the applicant’s Christian experience (e.g., religious experiences of conversion or the affirmation of one’s faith, one’s family and/or home life, spiritual aspirations), and ways in which the applicant’s faith is being demonstrated in daily patterns and practices.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
MidAmerica Nazarene University is interested in reviewing applications from qualified members of traditionally underrepresented groups in America, including women and racial and ethnic minorities.
MidAmerica Nazarene University policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion,* age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected class in the recruitment and admission of students, in the hiring process, during employment, and in the operation of all university programs, activities, and services.
*Christian faith and employment at MidAmerica Nazarene University: MidAmerica Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preferred candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the Wesleyan tradition.
Read the university’s full Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement at www.mnu.edu/jobs.
Job Type: Full Time