Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Digital Media Strategist
KU Endowment, Lawrence, Kansas is accepting applications for a full-time professional position supporting KU Endowment’s Communications and Donor Relations Department, primarily responsible for the management of email marketing systems, content of the organization’s external website and social media outlets.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and edit content for social media sites, ensuring content is fresh and compelling. Manage social content calendar in coordination with annual giving appeals and other campaigns.
- Write and edit content for external website. Work with web designer and external vendors on website updates and web-related projects. Monitor and analyze website traffic and produce reports.
- Fulfill online giving page and link requests from development staff and campus units and schools. Monitor transactions and produce giving reports.
- Work with Information Systems and Gift Processing to maintain integrity of credit card processing systems on new and existing onling giving platforms.
- Monitor social media direct messages and mentions of KU Endowment, and respond with appropriate consultation.
- Develop paid social strategy in coordination with appeals and campaigns.
- Consult and work with selected KU Endowment departments on communications and marketing planning; oversee the production of emails. Monitor and report email campaign performance, perform A/B tests and develop strategy in consultation with KU Endowment departments.
- Regularly research best practices in web content writing, as well as email and social media marketing, and take initiative to recommend new strategies.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field such as journalism, business communications, or public relations; basic knowledge of HTML. Preferred: Experience with the following programs desired: Wordpress, Anthology Encompass, Hootsuite and Basecamp. Knowledge of a web content management system, email campaigns and online commerce activities; experience in project management; familiarity with web standards, user experience, traffic analysis and use of social media to meet organizational goals; basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must demonstrate creative writing talent through published work, such as news releases, magazine articles, periodicals, newsletters or brochures. Must possess superb interviewing, copyediting and editorial ability. Must be highly organized and able to work under deadline pressure while juggling multiple projects. Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside KU Endowment.
At KU Endowment, we recognize that we best achieve our mission of building a greater University of Kansas by embracing diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to cultivating a people-centered environment that is welcoming to the spectrum of differences among us in an atmosphere of respect and fairness. Accordingly, our staff, Board of Trustees, volunteers and donors will work together to create a more representative, equitable and inclusive KU Endowment.
Salary and Benefits:
KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including: 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program; pension plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; Section 125 flexible benefits; paid holidays, personal and sick leave; paid Parental Leave; Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance; KU tuition reimbursement; and free parking.
Please go to www.kuendowment.org/careers to apply, and attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time