Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
FiF Reporter/Producer Contract
Flatland in Focus
20/hour a week at $20/hour
Kansas City PBS is seeking Contract work on a monthly half-hour program that involves reporting on a single issue in KC with a roundtable and community-centered follow-up discussion. This role would primarily be assisting in the pre-production and reporting for our lead producer.
· Attend weekly meetings in person for Flatland in Focus editorial discussion and other long–term planning retreats. During these meetings, the contractor will be expected to contribute to brainstorming, sourcing and coordination planning for upcoming episodes.
· The contractor will be responsible for assisting in the pre-production process of identifying sources and preparing them for on-camera interviews, following the production timeline as closely as possible.
· Join Flatland in Focus director on location for shoots and assistance in setting up lighting and camera equipment. Contractor will also be expected to conduct well-researched interviews with video interview subjects.
· Contractor will act as a supporting reporter throughout the season and step into the role of lead reporter for assigned episodes. As lead reporter, contractor is expected to write companion article to be published alongside Flatland in Focus air date.
· Contractor must be able to assist with auxiliary pre-production tasks such as requesting promos, proofing scripts, and circulating marketing materials to relevant team members.
· Contractor will be responsible for assisting with post-production tasks such as managing media, uploading content, sharing published content with participating/relevant sources and double-checking metadata entries across managing workflows such as Trello and research documents.
· Contractor will be expected to assist in other media management, written content and video editing as assigned.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter, and resume email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this position.?
KCPBS is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Temporary