Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Before/After (Summer School) Coordinator
• Oversee before / after-school child care program.
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of the children in the program.
• Responsible for working with a team of two other staff members and volunteers to coordinate age appropriate activities for the after-school session.
• Collect payment from parents for before / after-school care.
• Develop and maintain spreadsheet to track attendance and fee payments.
• Provide direction and support to volunteers.
• Establish relationships with children and manage behavior as needed.
• Collaborate with Program Coordinator
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have high school diploma or GED and some college experience.
• Must possess awareness of diversity issues and have experience working with diverse populations.
• Must have experience working with children and/or families.
• Must understand the benefits of volunteerism. Experience in volunteering and supervising others is a definite plus.
• Must have ability to communicate in verbal and written form, lead and work with others in a team setting, and be flexible enough to handle the unexpected.
• Must pass background check.
• Experience running an after-school program is a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
Term of Work: TEMPORARY—SUMMER June 17-July 26, 2019 Monday-Friday
Typical Hours: 2:30-5:30 pm daily; 7:00-8:00 am
Hours Per Week: 15-20 hrs
Rate of Pay: $20/hr.
Program Description: Rainbow Summer Program at Rainbow Mennonite Church. Rainbow Summer Program is a 6-week summer educational enrichment program for approximately 100 children who have completed grades K - 8. Curriculum emphases include reading, financial literacy, wellness literacy (gardening, health/nutrition and physical fitness) financial literacy, parental involvement, and social action/community service. Activities for the before and after school program must align with RSP.
Send resume & cover letter to Josh Ellermann, email@example.com