Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Coordinator, Refugee Health Navigation
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1940713/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Coordinator-Refugee-Health-Navigation
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas by providing educational opportunities for refugees and immigrants through the Refugee Health Promotion (RHP) and Refugee Mental Health Initiative (ReMHI) programs of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. EEO.
- Learn and implement guidelines for services for the Refugee Health Promotion (RHP) and Refugee Mental Health Initiative (ReMHI) programs set forth by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR), staying up-to-date on relevant developments and public policies that affect refugees.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of refugee health education workshops and wellness groups, supporting refugee health navigation staff in providing pre/post testing to measure client progress. Monitors program enrollment goals and outcomes.
- Maintain detailed case notes of participants involved in programs, completing all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements and agency quality assurance standards.
- Provide onboarding, training, and supervision for Refugee Health Navigation staff and volunteers.
- Support a small caseload of refugee health navigation clients, as needed.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant health providers, social service providers, and other community partners. Completing outreach and trainings to these partners as requested on importance on cultural competence, language access, and refugee medical access challenges.
- Ensure all contact with clients, referrals, and follow-up and record-keeping represent the highest standards.
- Identify client and program needs, advocating for clients and working closely with the Manager of Refugee Health and Benefits to assure needs are addressed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- At least one year of experience working effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, healthcare services, or similar field required. Experience working with refugees, especially in U.S. resettlement program, desired.
- Establish highly effective relationships with clients, community agencies, volunteers, and other staff members.
- Must be able to type and know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to ensure accuracy in participation tracking and case management reporting.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse, with a familiarity of refugee populations and able to ensure confidentiality of all clients.
- Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License and a verified safe driving record as well as reliable means of transportation for local travel to complete client services.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time