Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Lethality Assessment Coordinator
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Lethality Assessment Coordinator (LAC), who will report to the Director of Community Programs.
The LAC position works within different settings in the agency. This position creates the overall structure for the lethality assessment-focused coordinated community response, organizes and prepares for the activities of the multi-system teams addressing systems response to lethality indicators, and represents the experiences of survivors through all phases of becoming a Blueprint community.
The Lethality Assessment Coordinator will support the implementation of recommendations to strengthen coordinated community response and provide assistance to community partners on that process by developing strong community collaborations to enhance victim safety and promote offender accountability. This position supports the Blueprint for Safety initiative by ensuring the voices and experiences of survivors are represented at all stages of the Blueprint process.
This position provides crisis intervention and advocacy to callers on the hotline and in shelter in a trauma-informed, culturally competent, and accessible manner. This position will support the mission and values of the agency, collaborate across programs with Rose Brooks Center within a multi-disciplinary team as well as within systems outside the agency.
- Guide a multi-disciplinary approach and response to implementation and utilization of LAP in the service area.
- Represent the experiences of survivors through all phases of becoming a Blueprint
- Provide advocacy and crisis services to callers on the hotline and emergency shelter residents.
- Provide data control and documentation of performance measures and outcomes in accordance with agency and grant reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information about Rose Brooks Center, visit: www.rosebrooks.org. POSN #25-001-FT-LAPC.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervision meetings.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Required Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a Domestic Violence (DV) program or related field
- Experience in meeting facilitation and negotiation
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and training
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs and Google Apps
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with community partners
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Communication and diplomacy skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate work experience
- Preferred Skills
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- Ability to learn and utilize additional forms of technology in addition to MSOffice programs.
This position is full-time and considered an exempt employee. The Lethality Assessment Coordinator will work a flexible work schedule to fulfill the role that may include evenings and weekends. Work hours are expected to be 40 hours week.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 or
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings.
Open until filled per qualifications.
For questions, please contact Human Resources: 816-523-5550 x7108, HumanResources@rosebrooks.org.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.