Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
PREP-KC Teaching and Learning Coordinator
PREP-KC Overview: For the past 13 years, PREP-KC has developed the relationships, expertise, and tools needed to pursue our mission of ensuring that bi-state Kansas City’s urban students are prepared for college and career success. PREP-KC’s network has grown from two school districts in 2006 to six urban districts and three charter organizations that collectively serve 69,730 students. 79 percent of our students identify as students of color, 84 percent qualify for free or reduced lunch, and a growing number are English learners.
PREP-KC organizes its work around three strategies that create a K-12 continuum of support focused on students’ postsecondary access and success. First, PREP-KC provides K-12 mathematics teachers and K-3 literacy teachers with the training and resources needed to ensure every student becomes a successful math student and a proficient reader. Second, PREP-KC believes that “you can’t be it if you can’t see it.” This mantra guides our College and Career Experiences, which provide students with opportunities to explore the region’s high-demand careers and the postsecondary programs needed to compete for these jobs. Finally, PREP-KC’s Career Academies prepare high school students for college and the workforce. Academy students work on “real world” projects, interact with industry professionals, and earn college credit and industry-recognized certifications as part of their high school experience.
Job Description: PREP-KC is seeking a Teaching and Learning Coordinator to lead and manage the integration of PREP-KC’s academic strategies and resources into classrooms across our network of more than 40 schools. The Teaching and Learning Coordinator will:
- Supervise PREP-KC’s Teaching and Learning team and coordinate and manage PREP-KC’s technical assistance services focused on academics.
- Coordinate the delivery of high-quality math and literacy professional development in our partner schools, including providing some direct service as a trainer.
- Collaborate with partner school districts to develop technical assistance plans that effectively use PREP-KC’s resources and expertise to help districts achieve strong academic outcomes.
- Lead the development of innovative new strategies that integrate PREP-KC’s unique connections to Kansas City’s business and higher education communities into teaching and learning across the region’s urban school districts and help prepare thousands of students to graduate from high school poised for success in college and their careers.
- Advise on how federal, state, and local policies impact PREP-KC’s instructional work in our partner districts and schools.
Qualified candidates for this position should have a master’s degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration or Leadership, or another field closely related to education. Additionally, qualified candidates will have at least 10 years of experience in education, including at least 3 years of experience in education leadership at the school or district level. Experience teaching or leading either K-3 literacy work or secondary math work is a plus but not required, and experience in districts where more than half of students qualify for free or reduced lunch is a plus.