Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Project SAFE Prevention Specialist – Elementary
Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting
Project SAFE Prevention Specialist – Elementary (K-6th) – Exempt
An opportunity exists for a Project SAFE Prevention Specialist at Rose Brooks Center.
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency is looking to hire a full-time, Project SAFE Prevention Specialist whose primary role is to provide prevention services to high-risk students in an elementary school setting – servings students in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade.
Primary responsibilities for this position will be to facilitate and coordinate support groups for students, including recruiting students into the program, preparing curriculum materials for prevention groups, documenting student attendance, curriculum goals and objectives, group outcomes, as well as coordinating presentations, activities and services with school personnel.
Additionally, the Project SAFE Prevention Specialist provides advocacy and referral services for students and parents, including assessing and referring clients to appropriate Rose Brooks Center services and outside community agencies.
This position will be providing students with safety planning, information on domestic violence, healthy relationships, and illegal substance use and abuse; assists students in developing appropriate problem-solving skills and with accessing community resources to support safety and risk reduction. Is responsible for documenting information needed for program records, client outcome and grant reports, as well as other duties as assigned. These exempt positions report to the Lead Prevention Specialist (Position #75-003-FT-PS). Visit www.RoseBrooks.org for more information or to apply.
The position is full-time, M-F with a minimum of 40-hours per workweek. Primarily day hours, may include occasional evening hours.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Group facilitation skills
- Computer literacy
- Proven organizational skills
- Experience working with at-risk youth.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of liability of insurance.
- Candidate must consent to a Background Check and Division of Family Services Screening (Central Registry/Child Abuse) as part of the pre-employment process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, social work, psychology or related field
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Prevention program experience working with youth
- Knowledgeable of domestic violence and trauma-informed care
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 or
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings.
Open until filled per qualifications.
For questions, please contact Human Resources: 816-523-5550 x7108, HumanResources@rosebrooks.org.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.