Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Under the general direction of the Finance Director / CFO, this position organizes and manages all phases of a centralized procurement program for the Library; coordinates and provides administrative oversight for activity related to Federal E-rate funding, works closely with other management staff; manages and performs other duties as assigned by the CFO, including administrative review and drafting of agreements/contracts; serves as liaison with other organizations related to the procurement function.
What You’d Do
- Under the direction of the CFO, develops and manages the centralized purchasing function for the Library, to include comprehensive use of a systemwide electronic purchase order system. Coordinates the informal and formal bidding process for the Library (RFPs, and ITBs), and manages assigned purchasing staff.
- Assures purchases of goods and services are made according to Library purchasing, budgetary and other administrative policies. Assures purchases are made in accordance with grant requirements when applicable, to include requirements of State and Federal funded grants and awards.
- As assigned by the CFO, provides administrative review and drafts agreements/contracts related to procurement transactions and other areas.
- Evaluates alternatives for the collective purchasing of goods and services which provide the best possible value for the Library.
- Oversees adherence to Equal Opportunity guidelines and policies and works to assure that the Library has the broadest possible vendor pool.
- Assist in development of and continually reviews methods of purchasing, and identifies and recommends improvements to the Library purchasing processes and policies.
- Under the direction of the CFO, develops and supervises development of bids and proposal specifications developments, assuring that appropriate records are maintained.
- Analyzes and recommends award of bids and/or proposals as authorized by Library purchasing policies and procedures.
- Working with an E-rate consultant, coordinates and reviews the preparation and filling of documents required for E-Rate funding.
- As authorized by Library policy, disposes or recommends the disposal of surplus items.
- Develops and implements training programs as related to the purchasing function.
- Helps formulate and interpret management decisions, directions, policies and procedures to departmental staff.
- Represents the Library in professional and educational associations at the local, state and national level; maintains good public relations.
- Performs other related work and undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), and outstanding customer service skills.
- Considerable knowledge of purchasing procedures and bidding processes.
- Knowledge of computer technology and its utilization in business operations
- Ability to analyze business issues and managerial problems and recommend workable solutions.
- Ability to maintain effective internal and external work relationships and good public relations.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in related field and 7 years professional experience in administration and/or Library Services. This requirement may also be satisfied by an equivalent combination of education, related work experience, and life experience.
Other Things You Should Know
This is a full-time exempt position. The starting salary is $57,801 to $70,000 DOQ. This position is open until filled.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position through our web application system at www.kclibrary.org/jobs. This position is open until filled. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999