Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position Summary:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by supporting and facilitating the day to day operations of all assigned Family Support programming. EEO.
- Manage diverse streams of funding. Maintain budgets using Excel spreadsheets. Ensure that all administrative processes related to record-keeping, client files, funding, and other administrative tasks are done to the highest standards.
- Facilitate the hiring, training/coaching, and appraising performance of site staff. Manage, train, and support a large staff of volunteers
- Supervise and oversee supportive housing programs and all other funding streams within site. Ensure all files are complete and in compliance with CCNEK and federal policies.
- Enforce procedures and policies for client data in HMIS system by designated deadline. Compile and submit various monthly reports by designated deadlines.
- Conduct one hour of supervision with each direct report on a monthly basis, and complete an annual evaluation.
- Oversee all food pantry operations at site including orders, delivery schedules, track donations, and comply with food and safety regulations
- Train all staff and volunteers to provide effective high quality services.
- Advocate for low income families by networking with community partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINUMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Service related fields strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum three years’ previous social services and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas colleagues, contractors and funding sources.
- Preference for Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs.
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time